Chapter 9 Discussion

My father continues to speak, "Mr. Kirscht, please, do not drink that."

"It was my assassination? What good would anyone receive by doing that?" Deland says.

"I do not know. Perhaps you should ask." Father says as he points to the hooded figure by the exit.

Meanwhile, I'm calmly watching this unfold while parts of my hair are still purple rather than pink.

"Seize that man if you would." My father says and our two butlers step up to keep him held. I let go of my telekinesis and my hair turns completely pink again. They take the person out of the room and Deland quickly follows. That man will probably be killed for trying that.

"I apologize again for this sudden occurrence, please continue as you were." Father says. Everyone is quiet.

"How did you know it was poisoned Mr. Chinweike?" Someone asks among the crowd.

"I simply saw a shady character putting something in Mr. Kirscht's drink." He says and a few people start clapping.

"Please, please there is no need for any praise." He says trying to calm the crowd.

Everyone goes back to what they were doing beforehand. Anne seems a little upset and says, "How come you get all the praise, Jess is the one who saw and held the person in place. I saw her hair color change to purple."

He bends over to speak to her, "I know, it's not fair for me to take all the credit, however, if anyone found out she can use telekinesis or telepathy, let alone all the others, she could be in big trouble."

The remainder of the ball was very uneventful. At the end when everyone else left and the other three noble families said goodbye, we continued our daily routine for five more years.

Anne and I are eight years old today and as we sit to eat breakfast I notice our parents are acting strange.

"What's wrong?" I eventually have to say something because they look like their dog is about to die.

"It's...time for the two of you to attend academy." My father says and I immediately understand.

"Don't worry about us, we'll be fine. Besides, if anyone did decide to hurt us, they will pay with their life." I say with a happy voice that sends shivers down the spines of my parents.

"We are just worried that you might get teased for not speaking to people. They could think there is something wrong with you." Mother says.

"Well, I guess they'll have to live with knowing that Jess is better than them in every way!" Anne steps in confidently.

"What she said." I say.

"Well then lets talk about the specifics." Father adds.

"Alright, first of all, you can't go around telling and showing everyone that you're all powerful. Also, you can't just use magic whenever you want, everyone will see your hair change. I'm surprised nobody asked about it at the ball even if pink and purple look similar."

"Why not?"

"People could become afraid of you and turn against you. That could hurt the entire family."

"What about the teachers? Shouldn't they know that I'm good at everything already?"

"That brings me to the second thing," father continues, "you are smart, probably too smart. Everything we try to teach you, you already know or can easily understand."

"So what your saying is, you want me to play dumb."

"Well... just a little bit, yeah."

Ugh. "Fine, whatever." Probably not.

"We have already had everything taken care of. You will live in dorms at the academy and..." He is cut off by Anne.

"Wait, why can't we live here?"

"The academy is not on this continent, it is on the elven continent, Adroya."

"Isn't that super far away?" She asks.

"Adroya is the neighboring continent. I know you think it is very far away but it is where all the noble children go for school. Plus, it's only about a five hour carriage ride."

"That's still pretty far." I bud in.

"You will have two days before you leave to get prepared. When you arrive, orientation will be starting so you won't be able to go sight-seeing."

"That's unfortunate." I say.

By the time we finish discussing about the academy, we have all already eaten and we finish the next couple of days like normal.