Chapter 26 Giant Problem

Attention all adventurers!" Someone forcefully enters the building, "All help is required!" I turn to see a royal guard has entered.

"What is it you require us to help you with?" Someone asks.

"Several level 5 giants have appeared near the walls." He says and some people gasp.

"How tall are the giants?" I ask.

"They are fifty feet tall at least." The guard says.

"Nice." I say. I'm pretty excited now. "Which way?" I ask.

"To the northeast."

That's the direction of our home. "Come on." I grab Anne and drag her outside.

I take her behind the building and I change to a dragon. I help Anne get on and I lift off the ground. As I start to fly away, I take a look at the guild entrance to see multiple frightened adventurers looking straight at me.

After a short flight northeast, I find a group of six giants. They look like normal people, except bigger and a whole lot fatter. I decide to take care of the problem.

Using my wings I fly through the group and end up decapitating each one of them with my wings. Slightly surprisingly, my wings just go straight through, I don't even slow down. These are either very sharp and durable, or these giants were very frail and weak. I use space magic to contain all of them. I think it has endless space. I wonder if I could put this planet inside.

I fly back to the kingdom and back behind the guild. All the adventurers are still standing there. I land back on the field and allow Anne to get off. Before I can change back from being a dragon, some of the adventurers come behind the building and see us.

"Why do you have a dragon with you?" One of them asks. All of them are still frightened.

I become as small as a finger nail in front of everyone. It's like they are now those giants I just took care of. To them, it seemed like I just disappeared. "I have no idea what you might be talking about." I say. They probably think it was Anne.

"Where did it go?" Someone asks.

"What could you be referring to?" Anne asks as I fly towards the front and everyone follows Anne as she walks towards the front. When I enter the building, the only ones present were Mark and Olivia. They were deep in conversation.

Without any hesitation I revert back to a full sized human. Apparently neither of them notices me since they had no reaction. "Hey, where'd that guard guy go?" They both jump. Of course now they're surprised.

"Oh, hi Miss J, he went outside with the other adventurers." Mark says.

"Alright." I say.

"Where'd you come from?" Someone says from behind me.

"Oh, you know, somewhere."

I spot the guard that asked for help and walk over. "All six of them are taken care of."

"What are you talking about? You just left. You couldn't have even arrived to them yet."

I pull out the head of one of the giants and put it in front of the guild. "Is that proof enough?"

"Who are you?"

"You can call me Miss J."

"I must notify the King, the problem has been solved." He runs off towards the castle.

"Anne, we need to check on home. Those giants came from that direction." I say.

"Okay."

I open a portal to lead us home. We step through. We see the house. The entire right side of the building has been crushed.

"Well then." I say.

"Mother! Father!" I could tell Anne was about to cry as she ran towards the wreckage.

I follow her and just beside the trashed area were our parents.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" Anne is obviously relieved when she sees them and gives them each hugs.

"We were luckily on the other side of the house when giants came through. Are you two alright as well?" Mother asks.

"We're fine. Where did they come from?" I ask.

"We don't know. This just...happened."

"Strange."

"Don't worry about us. Get back to the kingdom, they might need your help with them." Father says.

"I already took care of them."

"Oh."

After a while of talking, Anne and I decide to head back. We go through the portal and end up in front of the guild. Someone obviously took the head of the giant that I placed here. When we enter, everyone goes quiet. There seems to be even more people than this morning.

We silently walk towards Olivia. "Why is everyone so quiet?" I ask.

"Word has gotten around that you have a dragon with your party. Also that you defeated six level five giants by yourself."

"Well, there's not much we can do about it."

"It's a bit past lunchtime. Let's eat something Anne." I say and walk over to the cafe. People at least begin to whisper. I overhear one of them.

"How can they be the ones that defeated the giants? They're just kids."

"She pulled one of their heads out of midair and put it in front of the guild."

"The other girl was seen next to the dragon that was spotted. It disappeared shortly after we saw it. Then we walked inside and they had somehow finished the subjugation of the giants."

Wow news really spreads fast.

"HEY! Who is this Pharaoh's Foul party I've heard so much about? And where can I find them?" We are about to finish lunch and someone bursts the door open.

This can't be good.