Chapter 32 Traveling

After Olivia gave us all the information on the dungeon we started heading east along the main road. Knowing that Eliza doesn't know about a certain something yet, we are taking our time and walking to our destination. It's not like we are required to be anywhere anytime soon. It should take about a day and a half to arrive on foot.

The information Olivia gave us is fairly valuable. First she told us about the amount of monsters on each floor. It seems every dungeon follows the same pattern. The first floor has eight level one monsters and two level two monsters. The second has double that amount. Then, the third has triple the first amount making it contain twenty four level one monsters and six level two monsters.

Next she told us about the monsters. It seems they are all some kind of wolves. The level one monsters are all plain wolves without magic. The level two monsters consist of lightning wolves and ice wolves.

Afterword, she told us that the normal mid-bosses and bosses all have names that the adventurers call them. I'll get to those later but they can all use at least water magic, air magic, and electricity magic.

When we first walked out of the gate, exiting the kingdom, I was leading with Anne close behind with Eliza trailing in the back and Anne had a question.

"Why aren't we flying to the dungeon?"

"Can't we just enjoy the scenery?" I answer with another question.

"It would definitely be faster."

"Well that's too bad since Eliza can't handle it yet."

"What do you mean?"

"She's afraid of your dragon" I say.

"We just need to show her that you mean no harm."

"And how do you suppose we do that?"

Anne explains a pretty good plan to force Eliza to accept me as not a threat to her well-being.

"Well, I guess that might work." I say, still walking.

Anne slows down slightly to walk next to Eliza and they talk to each other for a time. Every once in a while I hear laughter and I smile. I'm glad they're getting along; our party wouldn't do very well if nobody had any trust in each other.

As we walk I look at the surroundings. All I can see is grass, an endless plains. I do see something large in the distance; we're headed right for it, which means it's probably the forest we need to be in. We take a small break for lunch then continue on, and soon, the sun begins to set. It's great timing since we just entered the forest. Time flies when you're zoning out.

"Let's stop here for the night." I say.

"We're going to sleep outside?" Anne asks.

"You thought we wouldn't?"

"I just...never mind. Let's have supper."

Afterwards, I make three small domes of earth in a row. I carve out a doorway in each one, "Pick one, good night." I say going inside the one in between the others. There isn't anything to sleep on but it's not like I have a choice, plus I'm too lazy to try and conjure up something that resembles a bed. Also, solid ground isn't all that uncomfortable to sleep on.

Before I know it, bright light was flooding into the dome. I'm not surprised Eliza didn't try anything during the night; I basically threatened her telling her to stay away from Anne. Whatever, as long as she doesn't do or try anything stupid, everything is fine.

I rise from where I slept and shove my dome back into the ground. When I do, I notice Anne and Eliza are already awake, talking, and eating breakfast, without me.

Anne notices my presence first, "Good Morning Jess!"

"How long have you two been up?" I ask. They both shrug their shoulders.

I deconstruct their sleeping domes as well, "Let's leave whenever you are ready, we should reach the dungeon at some point today." I say. I can just skip the food.

"Ready!" Anne says very energetically and excited.
"I'm good." Eliza says at the same time.

"Let's go then." I say as I start walking straight into the forest.

Olivia told us to follow this same path until we reach the dungeon. After quite the while of walking through the forest, the sun reaches the middle of the sky.

"Lunch already?" Anne says.

Afterwards we start to talk as we walk.

"You know, it would be a lot easier to travel if we flew." She says.

"I know but, Eliza." I say.

"Why haven't you told her yet? I thought you were going to show her last night? You even said it was a good plan." She says.

Before I could answer, Eliza speaks up, "Looks like we made it."

I look ahead of us to see a hole in the ground. This is no ordinary hole. It's a rectangle, or more specifically, a staircase. Wow, way to be obvious.

"I guess we did." I say slightly relieved I could dodge the previous conversation, "Ready to enter?"

"Yeah, let's go." Eliza says, Anne stays silent but nods.

"Onward we march." I say about to take the first step down.

"Hold it right there!" A voice says.

Retracting my foot and leg, I turn in every direction looking for who doesn't want us to go inside.

"Don't you dare you in before us!" As they say this, I discover the direction the voice comes from.

There is a group of three, probably adventurers. The one who was talking is a human boy with light green hair. The person to his right is an elf girl with the same light blue hair as Anne, and to the left is another human boy with purple hair. They all seem to be about the same age as Anne.

"Why? We were just about to go in." I respond.

"Don't you know who we are?" The same guy says.

"No, I don't."

"Really?"

"I really have no idea who you are."

"We... are the hero party."

God, I hate you.