Chapter 17 Reunion

"I have to go for now. You two catch up." Hannah says as she leaves the room.

"So, how were the last eight years?" I ask.

"Well, I'm almost finished with my learning. I probably know more than you do now." She brags.

"Maybe, but we'll see about that."

"I've also practiced my magic a lot. I bet I could beat you if we fought."

"Hehe, you make me laugh."

"Hey, you should respect your big sister."

"Meh." I shrug it off.

"Years ago, when we were still living with our parents. You told me so many stories. Specifically, you told me about swordsmanship, archery, martial arts, and taekwondo. Now, I don't know about taekwondo but I've learned them all! I can beat practically everyone in school!" She says enthusiastically.

"Wow, I'm impressed." I say and she smiles, "However, why did you do all of that?"

Her smile dissipates, "I remember you told me about those, like you knew from experience, so I wanted to be as good as you."

"Oh, that's good. I was thinking you did it because you wanted revenge or something."

"That's a horrible reason! Why would you think that?"

"Hehe, maybe that's something I would do. Oh well. By now you must be better than I am at all of that."

"Nonsense. Come on, we should tell the others." She takes my hand and drags me out of the room. She continues to take me down the hall, down the stairs, and out into the courtyard.

"Why are we here?" I ask.

"Five years ago, David found a secret opening to a space.

"What kind of space."

"Just watch." She walks up to the tree and steps through. Don't tell me...

I walk through as well. Instead of me falling to my death, I am in a room roughly the same size as our classroom. As I look around I see three people other than Anne, two boys and one girl. They are all looking at me.

"I told them you were back and that you haven't aged." Anne tells me.

"So, she was telling the truth." A man-beast boy says.

"Let me guess, David?" I say.

"Uh huh." He says.

"Then, you two are Samantha and Darren?"

"You haven't changed at all." Samantha says.

"I wish I could say the same for the rest of you. You're all so much taller now." I say as I check my height with my sister's. I only reach to her waist.

"What do you do in here?" I ask.

"Usually we practice magic, but we also just hang out." Darren says.

"There you are." Someone else enters the room. It's Hannah.

"Who all knows about this place?" I ask Anne.

"Only us six." She says.

"How has nobody ever found it?" Everyone shrugs.

"That's a mystery for another day. Come on the principal would like to speak with you." Hannah says pulling me out and back into the courtyard.

"Oh come on, I've only been missing for eight years." I say as she continues pulling me out of the courtyard and across the academy.

We find ourselves next to a set of double doors. Hannah knocks and pushes them open.

"Ah, Hannah have you brought her?"

"Yes, sir."

I look around the very small room and find nothing. The only things in this room are his desk and us. I look at him and recognize him immediately.

"Hello, announcer man." I telepathically tell the man with maroon hair.

"Thanks you Hannah. Ms. Chinweike, please, call me Principal Gipper. Now, let's get straight to the point. What do you remember from the last eight years?"

"Well, first of all, those years I missed felt like a single night to me."

"And why is that?"

"Sorry, but I wouldn't know."

"Hm, interesting. What did you do that night?"

I think for a second. I'm not sure if I should tell him that I became a full-fledged dragon.

"Well, I couldn't sleep that night, so I went out to the courtyard. I sat there for a while and decided to take a closer look at the tree. I placed my hands on it and went straight through. I started falling. I fainted since it was very frightening. I woke up in a cave somewhere and I couldn't find the entrance. I walked until I found another tree like the one in the courtyard. I went through it again and popped back out in the courtyard." I tell him most of the truth.

"That just sounds like a strange dream to me." He says.

"I have proof of it actually happening though."

"What would that be?"

"You see, in the cave, there were these crystals. They looked beautiful, so I took them all with space magic." I say.

"Well, if you put them away, you can surely take them out."

"Of course." I pull out a random crystal. This one happens to be transparent and the size of his hand.

"Do you understand how valuable these are?"

"Nope, not a clue."

"Just one of these could make a very poor person live like nobles for the rest of their lives!"

Wow, I guess that place was a gold mine.