Chapter 13

A/N: Thank you for the 963 reads! More chapters are coming your way!

Rachel had another nightmare that made her stay up. The nightmare was the same dream that she told (Y/N) but there was something new.

When (Y/N) told Rachel that WICKED isn't good, (Y/N)'s eyes suddenly turned into slits. Rachel watched as all life and sanity left (Y/N)'s soul and what's left was a hostile expression on her face. Rachel took steps back until she found herself cornered by (Y/N) who was slowly walking towards her. A gun was suddenly on (Y/N)'s hand and she placed the gun on Rachel's head and pulled the trigger.

Rachel couldn't get the image of (Y/N)'s face out of her head. She just stared at the night's sky. Watched the stars twinkle, hoping that she'll calm down from her dreams.

-

At that same time, Aris was also awake. He was too busy thinking that night and he had no intentions of sleeping. He was trying to think how he'll act the following day and how he was going to keep up the facade. While he was lying on his bed, he felt a buzzing sensation in his head. He knew that it was Rachel and that she must be trying to call out to him but she was a bit weak.

Aris sighed, Rachel wasn't exactly the partner that he was used to. The partner that was strong and controlling. The partner who had a voice and knew how to use it.

Rachel wasn't her and she never will be. She was a shy girl. She was smart of course, but her soft personality isn't good for the Vale or the Maze. If Rachel couldn't handle what's in here, how could she handle the outside world?

Aris still had no idea why Rachel was the choice but he couldn't do anything about it.

Rachel, you're awake?

Yeah. Sorry, did I wake you?

No you didn't, he reassured her. Why are you awake?

I had a bad dream, she admitted.

Aris remembered that time when (Y/N) had a bad dream. He slept right beside her until she calmed down. Then when she woke up, she was so shocked and told him to get out of her room and hit him using pillows. The memory made Aris laugh a little.

What's funny? Rachel brought him back to the present. Aris now thought that his response might've been rude.

Nothing. I just thought of something funny.

Why are you awake? She asked.

I'm just thinking. A little nervous about being here and that I'm the only boy. He lied smoothly.

Oh right. You have me and (Y/N) to guide you.

I think (Y/N)'s too busy for me.

She'll make time for you, I know it.

The thought made Aris's heart thump loudly. He felt a little constricted in his chest and a little hot.

Do you like (Y/N)?

Wha- What are you talking about? Aris felt frozen. Did he underestimate Rachel? Was he too obvious?

I shouldn't be telling you this. I'm sorry.

Rachel was suddenly gone from his head and he was left there lying on his bed. Questions flying in his head that would certainly keep him up until dawn. Aris cursed under his breath since Rachel left him hanging like that.

Aris then shot up from his bed and quietly left the Croaker's Hut. He needed some air. He needed some time to himself. He needed to clear his head and try to stick with the mission. He wasn't stable. He wasn't strong.

He wasn't like (Y/N).

He knew that he couldn't be like her.

And that no one could ever be like her.

He was still wrapped up in her little finger and he hated it.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade