Emotions Are For Children

After attempting to decipher this clue for the next twelve minutes, we figured out that the location we were looking for was a rooftop in Downtown Gotham. As I landed beside Robin, my breath hitched in my throat.

Was this it? 

I walked over to the ledge and peered down at the quiet city below. Sure enough, there was a building a block over that looked newer than the rest. Like it had been destroyed and rebuilt in recent years.

He looked about to say something before a noise distracted him. I turned my head and could see a fire a couple blocks away. Batman narrowed his eyes at the event then looked back at me, sighing dramatically.

"I'll be back for you."

It was that building. The building I was looking at now was the same building that the Joker had burned down the first time I had ever fought Batman. The very beginning of this whole thing took place on this very rooftop.

That clever bastard.

I didn't know whether to be angry or amused. He was playing with me. After the bank situation I thought maybe it was just a coincidence, but seeing that the second clue took me here, I now knew that this was no accident. He was playing me like a violin, carefully stringing me along in his little game.

But I wanted to win. I wanted to win and he knew it. He knew I had to go along with his plan if I wanted to succeed. And he was right. I wouldn't back out just because he was trying to get on my nerves. As much I didn't want to go along with the scheme, I was no wimp; I wouldn't give in to the torment.

So I turned on my heel and grabbed the clue from the inner side of the ledge, where I knew it would be because that was the spot I was positioned in when Batman first snuck up on me. I didn't even have to look to know it would be there.

Robin was staring at me with narrowed eyes when I approached him.

"How did you know that would be there?"

I shrugged, "it isn't hard to spot a piece of paper."

He shook his head, "No, actually. It is hard."

"Then I guess I'm just incredibly skilled."

"That could be the case, except that I know it's not." I walked by him as he spoke, "You knew where the first clue was as well."

He was smart.

"Look, Bird Boy," I began, "Do you wanna win this thing or not?"

He hesitated, "Well yeah, but—"

"Then don't question my methods."

He scoffed, but one look from me and whatever he was about to say flew from his mind, causing a scowl to overcome his features.

"Fine."

I nodded in satisfaction, about to unfold the clue when I heard something at the bottom of the building. It sounded like voices, coming from the street right below.

"Robin, shut up."

"I didn't say anything!"

I walked over to the ledge and peered over the wall, my eyes immediately connecting with the ice cold, blazing blue ones of none other than Superbitch.

"Shit." I pulled away from the wall and pocketed the slip of paper in my hand before jogging back over to Robin and grabbing his arm.

"We have to go."

"What? Why?"

"I thought we were ahead, but it turns out it's closer than we think."

I shoot my grappling gun of the edge and connect it with the building across the street, landing on the ledge just in time for Superboy and M'gann to both fly and jump onto the roof behind me. Robin swiftly followed, and we watched across the street as the two looked for us.