"Answer your phone! I've been calling you!" Kat and Sherlock suddenly hear John yell as he is running to them. "I've found it." He pants and the three of them take off running to where John found some more cipher.

As soon as they get there, Kat, Sherlock, John are surprised to see just a plain black wall with no cipher on it. "It's been painted over!" John says exasperatedly. "I don't understand. It-it was here, ten minutes ago. I saw it. A whole load of graffiti!" He yells angrily.

"Somebody doesn't want me to see it." Sherlock says quietly also frustrated when suddenly he walks over to John and puts both of his hands on either side of the doctor's face, holding it in place.

"Hey, Sherlock, what are you doing...?" Watson starts but Sherlock cuts him off.

"Shh, John, concentrate. I need you to concentrate." Sherlock tells him causing Kat to laugh. "Close your eyes."

"No, what? Why? Why?" John asks really confused and not complying with Sherlock's wishes.

"What are you doing?!" Sherlock is now grabbing John's shoulders and spinning him around some more.

"I need you to maximise your visual memory." The curly haired detective explains. "Try to picture what you saw. Can you picture it?"

"Yeah."

"Can you remember it?"

"Yes, definitely." Watson insists.

Holmes looks skeptical: "Can you remember the pattern?"

"Yes!" John yells.

"How much can you remember it?"

"Well, don't worry..."

"Because the average human memory on visual matters is only sixty-two percent accurate." Sherlock interrupts him again.

"Yeah, well, don't worry, I remember all of it."

"Really?"

"Yeah, well at least I would... if I can get to my pockets!" John pushes Sherlock off of him and then reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out his phone. "I took a photograph."

At this point, Kat has lost it and she is doubling over in laughter at what she just witnessed. "Aww man," Kat wipes away a tear. "I am just so glad I took that apartment." She says referring to her place on Baker Street. "I seriously don't know where I'd be if I hadn't met you two." She adds laughing some more.

John pulls up the photo on his phone and shows it to Kat and Sherlock.

"Yes, ha ha, very funny." Sherlock mumbles slightly embarrassed because Kat is still laughing which only makes Kat laugh harder.

~~~

Back at Baker Street, Kat and Sherlock are staring at their murder board while John is staring sleepily off into the distance from his chair.

"Always in pairs." Sherlock says out loud.

"Hmm?" John mumbles sleepily.

"Numbers, come with partners." He clarifies.

"God, I need to sleep." Watson groans but Sherlock still ignores him.

"Why did he paint it so near the tracks?" Kat questions referring to the train tracks the were painted near.

"No idea." John says not really interested.

"Thousands of people pass by there every day." Sherlock thinks out loud. The two of them wrote down the number translations on the photograph that John took and they printed out.

"Just twenty minutes..." Watson mumbles to himself.

"Of course. Of course!" Sherlock says excitedly. "He wants information. He's trying to communicate with his people in the underworld. Whatever was stolen, he wants it back. Somewhere here in the code." Sherlock thinks for a moment before he turns to face Kat. "We can't crack this without Soo Lin Yao." With that he takes the images of the cipher on the wall and he and Kat grab their coats and head out.

Watson groans and follows them out. "Oh, good!"

~~~

It's early in the morning so the museum isn't opened yet, but Andy lets them in anyways.

"Two men who travelled back from China were murdered, and their killer left them messages in the Hangzhou numerals." Sherlock tells Andy when they get inside.

"Soo Lin Yao's in danger. Now, that cipher," Kat tells him referring to the cipher they showed him earlier. "It was just the same pattern as the others. He means to kill her as well."

Andy sighs and rubs his head. "Look, I've tried everywhere: um, friends, colleagues. I-I don't know where she's gone. I mean, she could be a thousand miles away."

Sherlock was about to reply when he noticed something. He was staring at the tea pots that Soo Lin was working on. Kat walks over there to see what he was looking at.

"What are you looking at?" John asks confused.

"Tell me more about those teapots." Sherlock says to Andy.

"Th-the pots were her obsession. Um, they need urgent work. If-if they dry out, then the clay can start to crumble. Apparently you have to just keep making tea in them."

"Yesterday, only one of those pots was shining. Now there are two."

~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this chapter and my story and you want to help me write more, please donate to any or all of the links below or you can find them in my BIO! Thank you! Love you muchly, Kisses -K

BuyMeACoffee - buymeacoffee.com/Immortality4646
LiberaPay - https://en.liberapay.com/Immortality4646/
Ko-Fi - https://ko-fi.com/immortality4646