Roman saw the wheels turning in her head. Other than work or visiting Mariana, he didn't think Zoya ever left the house.

"Okay."

"Good. Just give me time to shower and change."

"I have dough in the fridge I should knead before we go. Do I have time?"

"For homemade bread?"

"Cinnamon rolls."

"Damn right you have time." He smiled as he went to get a towel and washcloth.

Behind him, Zoya called the dog. "Come on, Homie."

She'd given the dog a stupid name after all.

By the time Zoya put the puppy in the laundry room, washed her hands, and removed the dough from the fridge, Roman was in the outdoor shower

She'd learned of this cold rice recipe from one of the cooking shows. It made the most delicious cinnamon rolls she'd ever had. She sank her fingers into the soft mound. Squish.

A few minutes later, Roman threw the blue tarp open and stepped outside, one towel wrapped around his waist and holding another.

Squish.

He threw the extra bath towel over his shoulder and zig-zagged it across his upper back.

Squish, squish.

Her breath caught, stomach fluttered, fingers froze. He turned sideways, dried his chest, then ran a hand through his hair. She should look away, or at least close her eyes, but couldn't. She understood why he had no trouble picking up women. Although he wasn't Hollywood handsome with his dark skin and freckles, now that he didn't scowl all the time, he was more attractive. A lot more. Broad shoulders, muscled biceps, taut belly with a wicked scar. She was attracted to men and women, but she had never been so distracted by anyone or felt the heat in her belly before. Not even with Livvy.

She'd seen him half-naked before, but something about how the sunlight gilded his tanned body caused her heart to hammer.

"Uh?" Caught up in the moment, she'd not heard him come in.

"I asked if you were done."

She tried to pull her hands free, but couldn't get them to move. "Oh. Yeah. Almost."

"Good, I'll get dressed, then we'll head out."

He disappeared down the hall. She hoped she hadn't killed the yeast.