44

3 months later

Kim

"Girl, Dave has been gone with Kai all day and I have been enjoying every minute of my alone time." I laughed as Ari, Shea and Maci sat down.

"Aww a daddy, daughter day. Thats too cute." Ari smiled.

"I know right." I sat on the couch. "He loves that little girl so much. I love seeing him with her."

"Well lets get this night started." Shea clapped. "I brought the snacks." She dumped a big bag of chips and candy on the coffee table.

"And I got the wine." Maci held up two bottles.

I eyed the bottles and began to fidget with my fingers.

"You good girl?" Ari asked

"Yea." I nodded and smiled

Shea stepped into the kitchen to get glasses. She poured a glass for everyone and passed them around.

I swirled the wine around in glass and just looked at it.

"Ok, whats up? You love wine. Why are you so hesitant right now?" Ari asked

I sighed and sat the glass on the table.

"Ok bitch the silence is killing me. What the hell." Shea spoke

I laughed. "Shut up." I took another deep breath. "I think I'm pregnant."

"Aw shit." Shea down her glass of wine and the poured herself another.

"Have you taken a test?" Ari asked

"Nope" I shook my head

"Well let's go get a test." Maci stood up.

Shea downed another glass of wine and began searching through her bag. She tossed me a box of pregnancy tests.

I eyed the tests then looked at her.

She held her hand up. "I've had my share of scares."

I slowly stood up and walked to the bathroom. All three of them followed me into the bathroom.

"Ummm." I looked at them.

"Girl we all got the same thing. Here." Ari handed me an empty cup.

After doing the whole process required for the tests, I washed my hands and sat on the counter to wait.

"What if I am?" I questioned out loud to no one in particular

"You'll be good. You know that." Shea spoke

"Yea. You know Dave loves you and Kairi. I'm sure he wants more than one child." Maci added

Dave

I carried Kairi into the house. We've been gone all day.

"Wassup ya'll." I spoke to everyone sitting in the living room.

I took Kai upstairs to her room and laid her down. When I turned around, Kim was standing in the doorway.

"Wassup mamas? You good?" I pulled her in for a hug.

"I'm good. I missed ya'll."

"We missed you too."

"I got something for you." She looked up at me and smiled.

"Whats that?"

"Come here." She grabbed my hand and pulled me into our bedroom.

"Damn. Can I shower first before you start getting freaky? I been out all day." I laughed

"Boy. That right there is why we in this predicament now."

"What you talking about mamas." I continued to laughed.

"This." She held something in front of my face.

"What's this?" I looked at her

"Read it. Duh." She placed it into my hand

"Pregnant? You're pregnant?"

"Yes."

"You deadass?"

She slowly nodded.

Kim

I stood there waiting for him to say something. Anything. The silence was killing me. He wasn't even looking at me.

His head finally came up and his face held the biggest smile.

"You having another one of my babies?" He pulled me closer to him. "You stay blessing me mamas. I love you so much."

"I love you too." I smiled.

"I've actually been thinking about something for a minute now and this news just confirmed that I need to go ahead and make it happen."

"What?" I questioned

"I want us to go get legally married like asap."

"Huh?" I stepped back

He chuckled. "Not taking away from our wedding so don't think that. I just want it to be finalized sooner rather than later. You know the lifestyle I live and if something was to happen to me before our wedding, that whole fiancé title don't mean shit on legal documents. I just want to make sure my family will be good. I want you to be able to keep all my businesses if something was to happen."

"God forbid."

"Right mamas but we gotta be practical. We can still have the wedding you been planning and everything. Nobody else has to know about this but us. I don't want you out here struggling if something does happen."

I sighed.

"Baby." He stood up and hugged me. "Just look at it from my point of view. It's so many people out here that die and their girlfriends or fiancé don't get shit."

"I understand." I nodded.

"Ok." He kissed my forehead. "Now, how my son doing?" He rubbed my stomach."

"Here you go." I swatted his hand away. "You don't even know what it is yet."

"I knew the first time right?" He questioned

"It was pure luck." I laughed.

"Yea. Aight."

"I'ma go back downstairs before they think I got lost." I laughed

"Ok mamas. I'ma make a few calls but I'll be up here if you need anything."

"Ok." I turned to leave.

"Oh nah. What you doing?"

"What?"

"Lips." He leaned down and poked his lips out.

"You so extra." I walked back to kiss him.