33

Kim

I pulled on a long dress and slipped my feet into some flats. This was the only thing that was comfortable at this point. Shea, Queen and Clare decided to go with me to the courthouse today. It's been four long days without Dave and it's killing me.

"Ya'll ready?" I grabbed my bag off the couch and waddled to the front door.

Everyone walked out and I locked the house up before getting in the passenger seat of Shea's car.

We listened to music as we rode downtown. The area near the court was packed and I instantly grew irritated. Shea found a parking space which was damn near two blocks away.

"This is some bullshit." I mumbled

"Come on. Walk that baby out." Shea laughed

"Fuck you." I rolled my eyes

"I would say when but Dave beat me to it." She laughed

I finally made it to the front of the courthouse and began going up the steps. Once inside, I found a seat near the front and waited for them to bring Dave in. Two other people came out before Dave. He walked out with the cuffs on. He smiled once he spotted me.

"Is it ok if my wife gives me a hug?" Dave asked

The judge nodded and I stood up as quickly as I could and went to him. I wrapped my arms around him as he leaned down. I wanted to cry but I held it in.

"I love you baby." He whispered before giving me a kiss.

"I love you too." I smiled and wiped my gloss off his lips.

I returned to my seat and waited for the judge to begin. He shuffled through papers then cleared his throat.

"Mr. Brewster, your charges are as follows; four counts of drug trafficking, two counts of drug possession and two counts of firearm possession without a valid license. How do you plea?"

"Not guilty." Dave spoke up

The judge nodded. "You will be held with no bond and you're next court date will be in two weeks and you already have a lawyer present."

Dave's lawyer sat up. "Also, your honor, we will like to waive the right to a jury trial."

"That's fine." The judge responded. "I'll be seeing you at 9AM on March 3rd." He hit the gavel.

I looked over at Shea and she was already looking at me. "My due date is March 2nd."

Dave

They rushed me out of the courtroom so quick, I only got a glance of Kim and she looked hurt. They put me back in the van and took me back to the jail. They were releasing me into general population until my court date. Once everything was processed and I had a bed, they took the cuffs off and let me go.

"Awe man. I know my eyes playing tricks on me." A familiar voice said from behind me

I turned around and Deuce was standing there. "Aye man." I shook my head. "They tryna get ya boy."

"You supposed to be running shit. How the hell you gon do that in here with me." He smacked my head

"I know." I sighed. "But they don't have enough evidence to sentence me."

"Who has the case?"

"Judge Hawkins."

"I got you man."he patted my shoulder. "How's the wife? She had the baby yet?"

I sighed loudly. "No and my court date is the day after her due date." I shook my head. "If I miss the birth of my daughter, I'ma burn this bitch down."

"Calm down." Deuce laughed

"Nah man. Fuck that." I leaned in so I wouldn't have to talk as loud. "They know not to fuck with me. Who the hell pulled this shit?"

"Apparently Rocko's name holds weight around here too. I heard he made a few calls, paid a few people and here you are."

"Ok." I laughed. "He wants to die in the worst way." Thoughts began to run through my mind.

"I'll make sure you don't get charged with anything. Hawkins owe me anyway."

Kim

We decided to come visit Cardi since we hadn't been over in a while but Queen and Clarence were running around her playing like little kids.

"Ya'll too damn big for this." I laughed and watched Clarence drop Queen on the bed.

" I laughed and watched Clarence drop Queen on the bed

"She started it." He laughed

"No! You did! Putting that ice on me now I gotta get you back."

"Chill." He continued to laugh

I took my ice cream and went into the living room.

"Who got you smiling like that?" I asked, seeing Cardi smiling big while texting.

"My man." She stuck her tongue out.

"Does this man have a name?"

"Offset."

"The hell?" I looked over at her then back at the tv

My phone lit up with a facetime call but I didn't recognize the number so I didn't answer. After the call ended, four texts came through.

"I know this nigga does not have a damn phone." I mumbled to myself. Before I could reply, another facetime call came through and I answered it. Dave's smiling face was all in the camera.

"You in jail for less than a week and already scheming." I laughed

"You know how I do. I had to see you baby."

I smiled and just looked at him.

"You got me all night. We on lockdown and I got my roommate watching the window."

"Roommate? You making the shit seem like you in college or some shit." I joked

"Haha very funny. Let me talk to my baby."

I rolled my eyes and put the speaker to my stomach and let him talk. She started to move around so much hearing his voice. We stayed on the phone for nearly two hours before he had put the phone away.