12

Kim

I approached the shop and pulled into the parking lot that was beside the building. I grabbed my bag and hopped out, locking the doors behind me.

"Hey everyone." I spoke as I walked inside.

I sat my bag down and got my station ready for my first client.

"How many you got today?" Ari asked

"4" I sighed. "And my last one is braids."

"Damn girl." Maci commented "You trying to break your hands?" She joked

"Gotta get this money. Ya'll know I'm trying to get my own place soon."

"You right." Ari nodded

My first client walked in right on time. For the most part, all of my clients usually arrive on time. I have had a few no-shows but it's expected.

"What type of braids you doing today? I might let you braid my shit." Brittany spun around in her chair

"Them lemonade shits. You know everybody want them." I laughed

"How's your boo?" Ari smirked

I playfully rolled my eyes. "He's not my boo but he's good."

"I'm still mad I missed him." Brittany pouted.

"Awww. It's ok. I'll bring him by when he gets back."

"See, she haven't even been here a year yet and we seen her man but you hiding yours." Ari directed her comment to Brittany. "Why you hiding him? Nigga must be the finest thing on Earth." She laughed

"Don't worry about him. We good." Brittany combed through her hair

"Right. I'll believe it when you bring his ass in here."

~~~~

2:30 PM

The shop was now closed for lunch and we were sitting around eating. Maci left early and Shea wasn't scheduled for today so it was just me, Ari and Brittany.

"So if you could fuck any famous person, who would it be?" Ari asked

"Chris Brown." I quickly answered. "He is just so fine."

"I'ma go with Drake." Brittany smiled "He seem like he would be gentle but aggressive."

"I'ma say YG. I love hood niggas." Ari laughed and shrugged

Our conversations died down and we sat in a comfortable silence as everyone was on their phone while finishing their food.

I scrolled down my Instagram timeline and my eyes nearly popped out of my head the post I saw.

I almost choked. Why did he post this? I grabbed my drink and sipped as I exited Instagram and went to my messages.

"You good?" Ari and Brittany eyed me.