26

Dave

"I appreciate you meeting with me. I know Deuce got his situation going on. I'm glad he got someone to keep shit going for him."

I nodded and took a sip of my drink as I watched people out in the club dance around. "So as you already know, we're looking to expand our titles. We got more money coming in now so that means more eyes on us. We need to keep everything under wraps and clean as possible."

"I'm ready for whatever. Just say the word." Mike looked over

"That's what I like to hear. Only thing I ask for is loyalty. If you can keep up your end of the deal, we'll be good."

Mike motioned and one of his guys walked over with a briefcase. I slightly nodded and Jay grabbed it and walked out.

"From now on, if you need anything you hit up Jay, nobody else."

"I gotchu. Nice doing business." We exchanged handshakes and Mike walked off.

"You want a dance?" A girl walked over

"Nah, I'm good." I shook my head

"Oh come on, don't be like that. How about I do something special for you? Have some fun."

"I said, I'm good." I downed my drink and headed towards the exit.

Ever since word got out about Deuce doing time, everybody been coming at me.

The next day

I sat on the metal stool and waited for Deuce to walk in. The buzzer sounded and inmates began piling in. Deuce sat in front of me and picked up the phone.

"How you been?" He asked

"Good. Living. You?"

"It ain't luxury but I'm making it work." He laughed. "How's the business?"

"I added a new worker down in Texas and I also bought a new business. Keep shit balanced out. More money coming in, so I gotta make sure my ass is covered and businesses is the perfect front for it. I have a restaurant over in Brooklyn now. We already had the barbershop, and I just closed the deal on a partnership with a nightclub. With you being under surveillance like you were, I had to do something to make it seem legit. And I had to get it done quick."

"Sounds good." He nodded. "I knew I left everything to the right person. You out here moving like a real boss. I respect it. How's ya girl?"

"Good." I smiled. "The baby getting bigger every day. I'll be glad when she go into labor."

"Look at you. Happy as hell." He joked. "It's good to see you excited like that. You may have found the one."

"We ain't going there today. Leave me alone." I laughed. "You need anything? You got enough money for everything?"

"I'm straight. Don't worry about me."

The phone cut off and we both hung up. Deuce disappeared into the back and I left the prison.

Kim

"When are you finding out what you're having? You're almost 7 months already." Shea sighed

"Look, I've been wanting to know but every time I go to find out, he or she never cooperates and the tech can't get a clear shot so I just said fuck it, I'll find out when I have him or her." I shrugged

"Already mean like the damn daddy." Ari shook her head. "It's probably a boy."

"Oooo, he's going to give you hell if he like his daddy." Shea added