New year and still lonely while Dave was at home playing the family man when she was supposed to be the woman in his bed laid up in his arms having one of their many late night conversations but oh well. What could she do? It wasn't as bad as it used to be since she had been seeing her therapist Dr. Georgina Maylay but she was still lonely nonetheless. What she realized was that it was ok to be lonely sometimes. She had family and friends who loved her and that was enough. April accepted that she would be fine, life wasn't bad, and her happy ending would come sooner or later. These days it seemed like later rather than sooner but she would be ok with it. It was just going to take time. She grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge knowing she needed no more liquor for the rest of the day and went to take a sit on the couch. She had enough liquor last night and earlier this morning. That Henny got her ass in some deep shit already so she was staying away from the liquor. April didn't even feel like smoking at the moment or maybe she was low key thinking about the seed that might have been planted. She didn't want to cause it any harm and she couldn't and wouldn't risk it. Whatever the case she knew she was going to be alright baby or no baby. If it was meant to be then so be it if not oh well.

Before she knew it she was out like a light and the sound of her phone was interrupting her precious much needed sleep. Luckily for her she could sleep in all day until the next since she wasn't going to work the next day. April picked up the phone and realized she had fallen asleep in the she cave instead of in her bedroom.

"Hey sis" Alaina's voice came through the phone before April could properly answer it.

"Hey Thing 1" Hazel's voice came through a few seconds later. They had her on three-way. Whatever they were calling for had to be either important or they had some piping hot tea that needed to be spilled that just couldn't wait to be poured.

"You know I love y'all but um y'all do know I was sleep right" April yawned and stretched as she got up and headed out the she cave and back to her bedroom and jumped back in bed ready to go back to sleep.

"Sorry but we wanted to call you before you saw the shit show going down right now" Alaina said in a weary voice like she was scared to finish what she had to say.

"What shit show" April scratched her head because she couldn't think of anything especially anything that had to do with her.

"The Shaderoom put up a post about you and Dave" Hazel chimed in.

Her and Dave, it couldn't be too much of anything because they didn't talk to each other. "Can y'all stop beating around the bush and tell me what's going on" April said getting frustrated with the small talk.

"Basically" Hazel paused. "Dave unfollowed you on all your social media platforms and they got wind of it. You know how they made a big deal out of it when y'all first started following each other and now they're making this shit a big deal too" Hazel filled her in.

April just laughed. Here it was day one of the New Year and her name was already on a gossip site over bullshit like she didn't just launch her latest software program which was a success. It was always about a nigga. It was always negative and never anything positive. "Happy fuckin New Year to me I don't care at this point. They'll make a story bout any and everything. So what if Dave unfollowed me. I. DON'T. CARE! I'll be fine. Thanks for the heads up. I'll talk to y'all later I'm going back to sleep." and with that she hung up. She was done. If Dave didn't want to follow her any more then so be it. It wasn't like they talked anyway. They were barely even friends just mere supporters of each other.

April picked up her phone to double check before she got even more in her feelings. She checked all her social media platforms and it was true. He had certainly unfollowed her on every single last one. April couldn't understand why but he did and no matter how much it panged her heart she wasn't going to dwell on it...not long anyway. Dave was letting her go and she knew it. The only thing she could think of was that Millie had something to do with it. Maybe it was time to let him go as well and stop thinking about him being her happy ending. Dave was in a relationship with his child's mother anyway and as much as it was partly her fault because she chose to let him go and even told him to give Agnes well Millie and his family one more chance she did play her part. Maybe for once in her life she wanted somebody to actually fight for her like she had fought for them. Maybe Dave wasn't her happy ending after all. He might've been sent her way to teach her a lesson that yes Chris had fucked up their relationship and broke her down but that didn't mean someone else wasn't out there to love and care for her. Whatever the case may be she had to finally let him go as well and continue on with her life instead of patiently waiting for Dave to see the light at the end of the tunnel which was her.