And So It Begins

Arlett breathed in deeply before laying her hands over Link's chest. If this did not work, Hyrule would fall. Everyone would die. Not even Zelda would be able to work her magic if the wielder of the Darkness Sealing Sword was dead.

     "Nayru, Farore, Din, I beg you." She released her breath calmly as she closed her eyes, "This has to work."

     Though her eyes were closed, she could see the light. The gasps of the Sheika warriors told her that it was working. Her eyes opened as she worked diligently to heal any and every wound in sight. She would not let her best friend die. She would not let Hyrule's last hope die. If this was even the exchange of life force, she was willing. Her duty and passion as a healer allowed her to be at peace with that thought. She loved her friends and country that much.

     It took some time, but the job was done. She removed the bandages to show his skin was clear of any injury or scarring. His breathing was normal. The only thing wrong now was how filthy he was. No doubt that light would have attracted attention too.

     She sighed deeply, "We need to move. Find a cave our something to hide us. We need to keep out of sight least those Guardians find us."

     Arlett collected her things. She rose to her feet, only to get hit with a dizzy spell. Thankfully, the Sheika who had stayed behind caught her.

     "Princess Arlett, are you alright?"

     She held her head, "Please, Arlett is fine." She had to use him to steady herself, "That power must have taken a lot out of me...and I had to get here as quickly as I could. That can't be helping."

     "Will you need help?"

     "I hate to admit it, but to get away, absolutely."

     Before an awkward silence could settle, the other Sheika returned. There was a small cave nearby. It was just big enough to fit them all he had said. The human assisted in getting Link onto one man's back. She rode on the back of the other man.

     The rain continued to pelt them. Twice, they were nearly spotted and only once, had a narrow escape. They all made it in once piece.

     Link was carefully placed in the very back. He was covered in a blanket and his head propped up. The trio that were awake stood outside, talking of the next plans. These men had assisted a great deal. They deserved to be informed.

     "Princess," one began, "what will happen? The Guardians can't be trusted. Our Princess is gone. The Champions are dead. Sir Link will be unable to fight for some time."

     "Is the Calamity going to win? Will we all die," the other asked.

     "No. The Champions are alive and Link will be able to fight again when he wakes up. Right now our hope is rescuing the Champions. As of this moment, Champion Mipha is alive and waiting for the others. Ganon's blight has taken over. The Divine Beasts need to be purified."

     "Pr- Arlett," the second of the Sheika began, "What will become of you? What of Princess Zelda?"

     "I have to assist in saving the Divine Beasts and their Champions. Before then, I have to make sure Link wakes up. Until that time, Zelda will be holding Ganon back."

     "She'll be on her own?!"

     "Yes, but she's strong. Her powers have been awakened and so have mine. Once Link is awake again..." She smiled and looked up at the dark sky, "The clouds will move and the sun will shine on Hyrule again.

     "We will stay until Sir Link awakens," the first warrior stated.

     Arlett nodded, "Very well. When he wakes up, I want you to return to your village. No one is safe, not even the most remote village. Lives are being lost as we speak. I would feel better knowing Impa has all of her men with her."