Will You Heal Me?

Arlett had not even been home for more than a month before she made a run for Zora's domain. After the search for shines in the Hebra Mountains, she and Revali had returned to Rito village by flight. Two weeks of being out in the freezing cold with two more blizzards to chase them for shelter. They returned to the village and the next day, the princess ran a few errands for Zoli, Bree and the Elder before leaving to return to the castle.

      Zelda and Link had returned a few weeks earlier. The king had not been pleased to know that the auburn princess had returned on her own. But she was safe, so left it after a full hour lecture. The problem was the return of the two. King Roham was starting to question Zelda and why she was not praying.

      It was so-so for three weeks. Both girls, though up to their noses in books on the Divines Beasts, were relaxing and taking it easy for a bit. There was so much to do and be done that they wanted a break. Zelda wanted one from her studies and Arlett just wanted some time away from the stress. Needless to say, the King was not pleased in the slightest.

      The request turned into a full blown argument on Zelda's priestess studies and Arlett's insight with powers. (This was confusing when her healing abilities had nothing to do with powers or magic). This resulted in a heated arguments and Arlett tried to cut in more than once to calm them. When it did not work, she cut them off by shouting at the top of her lungs. When focus was on her, she calmly explained her and Zelda's view of the situation.

      Words were said and Arlett ended up walking out the room with a heavy heart and more arguing than before. She passed Link and told him she was leaving without her escort. He attempted to change her mind, but she listened to none of his advice. Caution was thrown to the wind and she asked that he leave her be. All that he needed to know was that she would be staying with one champion or another for a while.

      After fetching her clothing and gathering her books on the divine beast and notes on the guardians, she took her horse and rode out the stables. She pulled on a cloak so as to not be recognized in castle town. It took a week of traveling to reach Zora's Domain. Her horse, Blossom, could only take her so far. It was thanks to her non-stop cantering for five days that brought them so quickly. She deserved the break.

      Arlett swam across the lake and to the long winding road. She had zora armor from King Doniphan, but she wanted her head to clear. Hurtful words had been said and she needed to take a break from it all. When she arrived two days later, Sidon was the first to greet her. He had been running from Mipha who automatically knew something was wrong. Thus, she had been staying with Mipha and the Zora since.

      The princess relaxed by the lake, laying on her back. One hand laid on her stomach, the other lazily stirred the water. She watched the ripples move away. The miniature whirlpools started by her hand, reminded her of the storm that chased her away along with the one that would soon be upon them with Calamity Ganon. She let out a sigh and stared at the blue sky overhead. Not a single cloud in sight or the sun, which was hidden behind Vah Ruta.

"Arlett, please tell me what is wrong."

      Her red eyes went to Mipha. The Zora princess walked over and sat by the other's head, careful not to sit on her hair. The second princess of Hyrule had been staying for the past month. The zora had received a letter from Zelda both requesting another meeting and asking for the whereabouts of her sister. She had known something was wrong, but to make her runaway? Something was definitely amiss.

"It hurts, it really hurts," Arlett spoke. "I trust you with this Mipha, as a fellow healer, maybe you might know something."

"You've kept this from me since you have arrived." Mipha started to play with the human's hair, "I'm amazed you are suddenly speaking up."