The Beginning of the End

For four days, Arlett sat underneath the arch in pure, stunned silence. She had trekked all the way to the Spring of Wisdom, talked to a statue, met a dragon, witnessed things of the past incarnations of her sister and the chosen hero, and been teleported straight back to where the journey had begun. The statue had told her that seeing this would bring her awakening. Seeing the past would change the tides. After everything was said and done, she was only more confused and left to question her sanity.

    She was thankful when the other Champions finally arrived. She would not be alone to question her thoughts any more. While she tried to remain casual, she would space off in the middle of conversation and go quiet until someone snapped her out of her daze. They had asked what was wrong, but would they question her sanity? Would they wonder if she had gone mad? She dared not speak of what had happened.

    Arlett continued to sit underneath the arch, long after Zelda and Link had arrived. Her sister had spoken about having confidence that it would work, but they all knew the princess was hopeless. The sister was well aware the blonde had given up hope long before the time had come, where tapping into the powers was critical to all of Hyrule.

     The other champions were gathered in a small group, just observing the quiet girl. She was only awaiting her sister's return, but the four chosen pilots were well aware something was up.

"Mipha, do you have any ideas on what is wrong with our silent princess," Urbosa asked, the pun going unnoticed to all, including herself.

The zora princess shook her head, "I would say that it is due to a lack of sleep, but she's wide awake. There's no signs of exhaustion. There's something on her mind, but knowing Arlett... I could not begin to imagine what it is."

"Do you think it's something bad," Daruk questioned.

At this, all heads looked to the rito warrior. Said bird squawked at the suddenness of having them all look at him.

"What are the lot of you looking at me for," Revali demanded. "It's as if you expect me to hold all of the answers!"

"Well..." Daruk scratched the back of his neck, "The two of you have gotten really close..."

"Agreed." Mipha nodded, seemingly, more to herself, "You are the closest to her."

Urbosa placed a hand on her hip and shifted her weight to that side, "It isn't too far to conclude that you might have an idea."

     The rito stood there, flabbergasted. He was not sure how to feel. A part of him was extremely proud to know that his companions thought that he could possibly have the answers. The other part was offended. He had heard the Gerudo chief's threatening undertone. He knew she was suggesting that he had gone and gotten into the girl's head with horrible ideas.

He huffed and crossed his arms, "If you are suggesting that I fought with her, then your answer is no. We were training when we parted ways. I haven't seen her since I left to join you in Akkala." He looked at the girl and his defenses fell, just the slightest bit, "I don't know what happened and I couldn't say for sure whether it's good or bad."

     He was well aware that Arlett had something going through her head. What it actually was? He wished he knew. He was worried for her. He worried about her wellbeing. He kept thinking of a worst case scenario. Had rumors reached her ears again? Was she being tormented by her personal demons? He was afraid that, whatever it was, it could be one of the darkest of thoughts that might send her away from him.