Chapter 20: Vexen's Talk Part 1

Deep Jungle

I awoke with a slight pounding in my head. It felt more like a headache, then actual pain. I moaned as I sat up, rubbing my head. I shifted my left arm, feeling fur right up against me. I turned to see Max as he slept silently. I looked around more as I saw a patch of dirt, surrounded by nothing but trees. I stood up as I felt a little wobbly to be on my feet again. I held the wall of vines for support as I held my head, trying to get the pounding to stop. "Oh, what happened?" I asked as some movement came from across the area. "What a surprise. You have woken up sooner than I expected you would" a familiar voice spoke as I looked up, seeing Vexen standing in front of me. I looked up at him with complete anger as I spoke. "So you said you wanted to talk right now. So why don't you talk so I can go back with my friends" I suggested as I finally managed to stand back up. Vexen studied me while I spoke, keeping quiet as he listened to what I was saying. He gave me an evil grin as he spoke. "Oh, you even now have the attitude of a villain. You picked that up quickly," he said like it was all part of his evil plan.  I sighed as I spoke. "How did you know it was the talk of a villain?  For all you know, it could be the talk of a hero with the mind of a villain," I said, as I stood up completely. "Alright. You took me for a reason. Start talking so I can go back with my friends" I explained as he looked at me. He studied me closely, as he looked me in the eye. "You sound and act familiar to someone. Someone that belongs to the organization. But I can't put my mind to it" he said as he thought to himself. I sighed as I crossed my arms. "You mean Roxas?"I asked as Vexen turned to me. "Yes. You must be really into the game. Maybe you know more than you look like you do" he said, as I lifted up my eyebrow. "And how do you know that?  Are you the one in the dark hood?" I asked as Vexen looked at me. "We all have dark hoods, you have to be specific," he said as I huffed. "I don't know if I can trust you, but I rather explain to find answers. Ok, there's a man that keeps talking to me like in my sleep. When he wakes me back up, he fills my heart with darkness. But the problem is, I don't know anything about this being. I don't know if it's even a being, or my imagination" I explained, knowing that telling him wouldn't be a good thing.

Vexen put his hand up to his mouth in thought as he looked at the ground. "Hmm. Doesn't sound like something Xemnas would do. Have you asked this being if you can see his face?" Vexen asked as I nodded. "Yeah, I did a few times. Every time I ask to see a face, the being tells me he can't. Tells me I need to see him when I'm awake first" I finished explaining with. Vexen studied me, blaring his green eyes at me while I explained. "Where do you talk with this man, except for in your sleep?" he asked as I tilted my head in confusion. "I'm not understanding you one bit," I said as he sighed. "When this man puts you asleep and when you wake up to talk to him, where do you wake up?" he asked, making the question more clear.  I thought a little longer as I spoke. "Um, first I was waking up strapped to a chair in a dark room, the only light was above me. He just now took me to a nice scenery. I wasn't in a chair that time but in a cage.  He said it was our next meeting place" I explained more. Vexen watched me like he was deep in thought.   He listened like he was thinking of his questions wisely, like I was a murderer, trying to kill him.  Vexen sighed as he spoke. "What else? What are the conversations like? And what else does this being do?" he asked as I sighed. "Um. He just talks to me. Except for when we went to Atlanta. I almost died and there were two of them there to heal me. The dark figure told me to be careful with villans.  But that's another thing I want to know" I said as Vexen sighed.

"Alright. Tell me, dark user. Have you seen the dark being when you're awake like you are now?" he asked as I shook my head. "The only dark beings are you guys. And when I ask them about it, they tell me they have no clue. It's like they don't know about this strange being. Not even Sora and Riku know.  I'm trying to figure this out but I can't."  Max patted up next to me as he sat. He turned from me to Vexen as he spoke. "Mommy, who's the creepy scientist?" he asked, as he turned to Vexen. Vexen stared at Max as he spoke. "How dare you call me that?  Who are you anyway?" he asked Max as he got angry.  I looked at Max as I sighed. "Fatboy, don't be rude to Vexen. Even if he's just a creepy scientist" I said, as I beamed a glare at Vexen.  Vexen wielded his shield as he lunged at Max. I wielded my phone as it rang. "Welcome user," it said, as I wielded the blade and blocked Vexen's shield. "WHAT?! How dare you block me dark one?" he yelled in anger as he pressed on my blade. I flinched as I lunged him back, pushing him more away from us. I picked up Max as I petted the fat main coon in my arms. "How dare you? You should know that all dark users have respect for the organization. You have no right" he said, as I pressed the lightning app. A lightning bolt shot through the air at Vexen, but he dodged it.

I sighed as I tilted my head to stare at Max again. "You ok fat boy?" I asked as Max nodded. "Yeah, I'm ok mommy," he said, as he snuggled into me.  I noticed Vexen staring at us in confusion.  He studied us for five minutes until he finally spoke. "What just happened?" he asked, confusion flowing through him. I sighed as I spoke. "Sorry about that. I'm a cat mom. Plus, Max happens to be my partner in crime. He's also connected to me through darkness" I explained as I rubbed Max's stomach more. He sat in my arms, staring at Vexen with hatred. I looked at Vexen again as I spoke. "I know. I'm a weirdo, can you stop staring at me like that?" I asked as Vexen sighed. "Alright. Another question" he said, as I looked at him. "Bring it," I said as Vexen started to walk up closer to me. "How did you come across a cat? Did it come with you through the game?" he asked, as I looked at him. "He did. He's my pet and I love him very much" I said, as I kissed Max on top of the head.  

Vexen flinched at that. I smiled as I turned to him. "Is seeing someone with a cat that shocking to you?  Your acting like you never seen a cat before" I said as Vexen sighed. "I'm sorry about that dark one. Another question" he said as I looked at him. "You like stating when you're asking a question, do you?" I asked, annoyed. Vexen sighed as he spoke. "Sorry, bad habit. Now, how did your cat come into the game?" he asked, still staring at Max.  I  shot a look at him as I spoke. "I don't know. Why is all your question's about the cat? You must have more than you like to ask me" I said, getting aggravated with him now. Vexen huffed as he spoke. "Very well. Tell me, why is your keyblade a phone?" he asked as I shrugged. "I dunno. I'm not close to my phone that much" I said, as I heard yelling. "MAL, GET AWAY FROM HIM!" Sora's voice spoke as he lunged at Vexen.  Vexen wielded his shield as he hit Sora out of the way. "SORA!" I yelled as I was about to wield my phone, but ice started to creep up my body, making it so I couldn't move an inch. I struggled from the ice but failed miserably.  Vexen studied me as he spoke. "You're growing weaker.  Might want to think about coming to the dark side sooner" he stated as he walked up to Sora. I struggled from the ice but nothing worked.

Sora winced as he started to get up, giving Vexen an evil look.  Vexen walked up to Sora as he knelt on one knee. "Hello Sora," he said, in a creepy tone. Sora looked up at him as he spoke. "Why are you hurting Mal? Let her go" he said, as he managed to get on his feet. Vexen turned to look at me as he spoke. "Hurting? I don't think that's what I'm doing. I was just asking a few questions and she wanted a fight. I'm just freezing her a bit to get her to cooperate with me," he explained. I struggled some more as I turned to him. "MOST OF YOUR QUESTIONS WERE JUST ABOUT MY CAT! NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME LIKE YOU SAID!" I yelled at him.  Vexen sighed as he turned to me. "Will you calm down and be silent? I was talking to Sora" he demanded as I looked at him. I sighed as I knew that there was nothing I could do at the moment. If only I wasn't stuck in ice. 

Vexen turned back to Sora as he spoke. "How can you not kick her out of your gang, Sora?  She's been giving everyone problems the whole time" he said, as he started to walk around Sora.  Sora looked at him as he clenched his keyblade. "It's because she doesn't want to be around you right now. She just wants to be left alone and I wouldn't blame her" he explained.   "And right now your just wasting time with random question's," I yelled at him. Vexen turned around to look at me quicker than I could think. "I just wanted to know that I had your attention. I was going to get on with it before you started to interrupt me" he said as he started to walk up to me. "Now that I have your attention," he said in a creepy tone, but it was cut off with a familiar, crazy tone.

"HEY, CREEPY SCIENTIST!" Kim's voice yelled through the air. The three of us looked over to the left in the trees, seeing Kim holding a vine in one hand and Max in the other.  "NO ONE! TOUCHES MY BESTIE!" she yelled as she swung on a vine, rushing through the air and over our heads.  Max puked once they got above Vexen as he missed and it plopped on the ground next to him. "OH COME ON! TRY AGAIN FAT BOY!" she yelled as they swung back towards Vexen. When Kim and Max got in the direction of Vexen, he grabbed the vine and they flung off.

Kim hugged Max as she hit her back against the tree. "KIM!" I yelled as she opened her arms and huffed. Max patted up to her as he spoke. "Riku told us to watch for trees" he explained as Kim looked at him. Vexen chuckled at the amusement of the show, as he spoke. "You really think you can help her?" he asked as he molded ice around Kim's arm's and ankles, making her unable to move. "Kim. You ok?" I asked as she huffed. "I'm fine. You continue what you're doing" she said, as she lied there still. I looked at Vexen as he spoke. "Now, where were we?" he asked. I looked over at Kim, then at Sora when I figured it out. There's no way out of this, not anytime soon.