Chapter 5: First Mission

Twilight Town

We were almost there in the Gummi as I kept studying the phone. I swiped the arrow that popped up from the bottom, seeing that it looked a little different. It didn't show anything like blue tooth or any internet, but it showed two bars on it. One had a red heart and the other one had someone sleeping in a bed.  I looked at it quickly as I looked at Kim. "What is it?" she asked, as I showed her the phone. "Look at the bars. Could this be tied with my heart?" I asked, as Sora shifted around. "Something wrong with the phone?" he asked, as I sighed. I handed him the phone as he spoke. "What's wrong with it?" he asked, as the phone disappeared and ended up in my hand. I looked at it strangely as I spoke. "Ok, that was weird" I said, as Riku sighed. "Keyblades choose people. So your phone must've chose you. That's why it ended up in your hand after Sora took it" he said, as we continued with the ride.  "Ok. So there's a couple of bars on the bottom.  One has a heart and the other one has a sleeping person.  What does those mean?" I asked, as Riku spoke.  "Are they filled at all?" he asked, as I looked at the phone. The column with the heart was filled red, and the one with the bed was filled blue.  "Yes. See?" I said, as I showed them the phone.  Sora took a look as he spoke. "Ok. The red one with the heart is how your heart is.  And the blue means how much sleep you have. Right now it looks good" he said, as I took the phone back with me.  Kim looked at it as she spoke. "Does the keyblade do that?" she asked, as Riku spoke. "Yes it does, but not in that way. Her phone is designed differently.  It might be a key to the darkness" he said, as Kim gasped. "Well, if Mal goes dark, is there something we can do?" she asked, as Riku shrugged. "I don't know. There might be something we can do, but if fate want's her to go dark" he said, as Sora cut him off. "Riku, keep it positive for them" he said, as Riku sighed. "Sora's right, we got to keep positive about everything" he said, as Sora sat up cocky in his chair.   I sat back as I glanced out of the window with the ship. I sighed as I spoke. "Kim, we're going to be fine.  Don't worry" l said as I turned over and cracked her a smile.

We looked at front as Sora turned towards us. "She's right Kim. Nothing will go wrong because Riku and I are here" he said, as he cracked a dorky smile.  Riku took a quick look at him as he spoke. "Sora, everything goes wrong when your here" he said, as Sora looked at him.  "Really Riku. You two?" he asked as Riku smiled to himself.  Kim chuckled as I hid my face, trying not to die of laughter.  Sora looked at Riku as he spoke. "Riku, your doing it again" Sora whined as we both kept laughing uncontrollably.  "It's ok.  Sora's a dork and everyone knows it" he said, as Sora looked at him. "Riku, you act more than a dork than I do" he said, as Riku sighed.  "No I don't. Don't lie Sora" he said, as Sora sighed. He turned back to us as he spoke. "It's ok, he's a dork too. He's just playing it cool so you girls can check out his muscles" he said, as Riku made a face. "SORA!" he yelled as Sora looked at him. "What?" Sora asked as Riku looked at him for a brief moment. "I do not check out girls. I need my strength and you should to" he said, as Sora looked at him.  "Says the one that's been flirting with Kim" he said, as Riku turned five shades of red.  "Sora, I'll push you out of this ship. By the way, we're here" he said, as he landed the ship.  Kim and I couldn't respond, due to laughing so hard.

When we landed, we filed out of the ship. Max ended up at my side, while Dale jumped on my shoulder. "May I travel with you?" he asked as I nodded. "Yeah" I said as he got comfortable. "Don't take my mommy" Max said, as Dale looked down at him.  "Go puke in the corner, fat boy" he said, as Max hissed at him.  Dale made a scared shrieking noise as he buried himself in the hood of my sweatshirt.  I sighed as I bent down towards him. "It's ok, fat boy. I'm fine" I said, as I brushed Max on the head.  He purred as he rubbed up against me. I stood up as I focused on Sora and Riku.  We looked around seeing a bright town, with yellow buildings everywhere.  Sora turned to Riku as he spoke. "Where are we going?" he asked, as Riku sighed. "We're going to check out the mansion. I heard there's creepy stuff there" he said, as he started to walk off.  "Gosh, that was a rough ride" Goofy said, as he got out of the ship, followed by Donald.  "Yeah Sora, wake us up before going out" he said as Sora laughed. "Oh right. Forgot" he said, as Kim nudged me. "Remind you of anyone?" she asked as I looked at her. "Ok, don't admit it" I said, as she laughed.

We started to walk off as a female voice called. "Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku" a couple of voices spoke as we turned around.  We saw three kids come up to us, two boys and a girl.  "Hayner, Pence, Olette" he said, as he high fived the boys and hugged the girl. Kim and I looked at each other then to the group as they exchanged welcomes.  The girl looked at us as she sighed. "Oh, didn't realize you brought users" she said, as Kim nodded. "Hi, I'm Kim, and this is my bestie Mal" she said, as she grabbed my arm.  I looked at her as I sighed. "Riku's right, you do act like Sora" I said, as the girl laughed.  "Hi. I'm Olette" she said, as we looked at her.  She had short brown hair and blue eyes. She wore a pair of caprees with a orange shirt that had white flowers on it.  "I'm Pence. Nice to meet you" a chubby kid with black spiky hair said. He was in a dog street uniform and jeans.  Finally a kid with blond, spiky hair and camo pants spoke next. "I'm Hayner" he said, as Kim  nodded. "Nice to meet you" she said, as I waved hi.  I grew a shocked look as I spoke. "Oh, the fat cat is Max, and the grey one is Misty" I said, knowing that we forgot something. "Thank you mommy" Max said as he rubbed up against me.  I smiled as I slapped his fat for a moment.  Sora turned to the newcomers as he spoke. "Kim and Mal are users.  We're thinking Mal is going to turn to the darkness" he said, as I looked at him. "Sora. I'm not" I said. Sora turned around as he spoke. "Hey, I'm just trying to give a heads up for when it happens. We don't want to loose you to the darkness" he said, as if to yell at me.

I crossed my arms as I spoke. "Well if your going to warn people, please make it look like I'm going dark, not dying" I said, as Olette chuckled. "It's ok. You might meet our friend Roxas.  He lost his heart to darkness a long time ago" she said, as I nodded. "I'm still not counting on going dark" I said, as Sora looked at them. "Have you seen Roxas lately?" he asked, as the three shook their heads.  "No, we haven't" Pence said, for the three of them.  Hayner turned towards Sora as he spoke. "By the way, where you headed?" he asked as Sora turned to him. "The abandoned mansion. There's something we got to do there" he said, as Hayner nodded. "We can show you the way" he said, as Sora nodded. "Alright, following you. Unless the girls don't want to go" Sora said as he turned towards Kim and I. Kim shook her head as she spoke. "We're following you. Right bestie?" she asked, as she clung to me.  I looked at her and nodded. Hayner waved us on as he spoke. "Alright then, let's go" he said, as we followed them to where the mansion is.

When we got to the mansion, my eyes widened. It was huge, with a nice garden around it. Topiaries and different plants, sat in the garden as it lead up to the mansion. We all filed down the brick walkway, two by two. I was walking next to Kim, while Max was on the other side of me, walking in the grass.  We walked up to the giant doors as Sora opens them. He stepped aside as he turned to us. "After you" he said, as Kim gestured to him. "No Sora. Ladies first" she said, as wanting him to lead.  Sora huffed as he walked into the mansion.  Kim walked in next, with me following her. The three friends of Sora, walked in after me, as the door shut.  Kim and I looked around, as I looked at it in shock. "Never been in a mansion before either?" Sora asked, as I shook my head. "Nope" I said, as Kim huffed. "Mal, you got to live life" she said, as I looked at her.  "Hey, if it wasn't for me, we'd never be in the game" I said, as Kim sighed. "This is true" she said, as I nodded.  We kept walking deeper into the mansion entrance as I had a feeling that I needed to go upstairs. I walked a little bit, then looked up the steps. Something in my heart told me that I needed to go upstairs.  I grabbed the railing, as I started to go up, but Hayner stopped me. "Mal, where you going?" he asked, as I looked up. "Um. I feel like there's a presents here, I'm going to check it out" I said, as Riku sighed. "We'll let you know when we leave. Be safe" he said, as I nodded. "You too" I said, as I went to check out the upstairs.

I walked to the top of the staircase as I looked around. I felt something brush up against me, as I looked down, seeing Max.  "Why we come up here, Mommy?" he asked as I looked around. "Because, I feel  like we're being watched" I said, as I looked down the hall, feeling the presents again, and getting bigger.  "This way" I said, as Max followed me behind.  We walked down the hallway as I felt the darkness growing within me.  Max head butted me in the thigh. "What?" I said, as I slowed down, and Max went at my side. "I feel something dark in that room. I don't think we should go in there" he said as I stopped at a door at the end of the hall. "I have a feeling that we need to go into this room. If I am going dark, there's nothing that you'd be able to do Max" I said, as I looked at him.  I bent towards him as I spoke. "Would you want me to carry you?" I asked, as Max wagged his tail.  "I'm  going to walk next to you"  he said, as I sighed.  "Alright" I said, as I looked at the door.  I slowly grabbed the handle as I pushed it, till it popped open. I slowly opened it and peeked inside. It was a pure white room, with white walls and a white floor. White furniture sat in the room, with a big table in the middle of it. A girl dressed in white sat at one end of the table.  She nodded a smile at me, as she spoke. "Welcome User."