I looked down her and smile and she gladly mirrored.

"And why aren't you going Miss Queen of the homecoming committee? Isn't it your job to go to all events?" Aries asked from across the room.

"Well technically Armon's party isn't an actual event since it was not verified by the school. Also, I think it'd be a little weird going to the party of the guy that's running against my boyfriend for homecoming." Elena answered, shrugging her shoulders at him.

Aries waved her off, rolling his eyes.

Elena intertwined her hand with mine. "Besides, we could use that Friday night for ourselves. I'd rather be laid up under my boyfriend than be at some party."

I felt my cheeks heating at her words. Lemuel and Spencer started to whistle and make inappropriate gestures at us and while Elena laughed aloud, I could only stare at them blankly, my palms became clammy and my stomach doing flips. I could see Aries peering at me, his bushy brows cocked upwards in a teasing stare before he rolled his eyes.

"Is this meeting over now? I have a nothing else better to do, but I'm ready to go." He said, hoping off the desk.

Elena nodded. "Yeah, you're all free to go, but remember next week bring your supplies so we can start getting everything in place, and the new recruits will be here so remember to play nice." Her colored eyes moved directly to Aries as she spoke and he chuckled to himself.

"I won't but okay." Was all he said before leaving out the room, the door closing silently as he left.

Elena sighed to herself. "He's such a handful sometimes." She said.

"He's just joking, he'll be nice," I said to her, rubbing her shoulders. "I hope."

••••

Friday night came quicker than I had anticipated. Once for a change, I headed to Elena's house to spend some times with her. Her house wasn't too far from mine, a good fifteen-minute drive if the traffic wasn't too bad. When I arrived she was more casual than I was. In sweatpants, a tank, an old hoodie, and a messy bun, nothing about her attire was special, but somehow she still seemed to glow.

I was worried suddenly if this was her way of letting me down gently, telling me that our first sexual experience was so terrible that she didn't even want to attempt a redo.

Or maybe she's just comfortable enough around me to not dress up when we're not going out.

"Do you...do you have something to drink?" I asked, snapping myself out of my reverie, following Elena to the kitchen.

She was at the fridge with a bottle juice in hand. She frowned. "I might. I know you aren't really into sweet drinks and that's really all we have."

"It's fine." I said, and she nods tossing me bottle of fruit punch.

My insides were screaming.

"Elena-"

"Can you grab the pizza on the counter? Oh, and I made sure to order a special cheese-free one for you because of your whole lactose intolerant. I'll start the movie."

She patted my chest lightly, then crossed the short distance to the living room and turned on Netflix, beginning her search for what was presumably the perfect movie.