12

Chapter Twelve | Opening Up

"The flyers came out cute, right?" Elena smiles as she hands me a stack of freshly printed flyers. I looked down at the warm stack of papers, ours schools colors which consisted of white and baby blue being the most prominent part of the flyer along with an animated picture of our mascot.

This is ugly as hell, and as Elena stared at me awaiting a reply, I just decided to send her a tight-lip smile instead of opening my mouth and answering because there is no telling what would come out. After seeing my force smile, Elena mirrored with one of her own before making her way over to the other girls. Following behind, I exhaled a sigh and shook my head.

I am such a nice person.

"Okay let's grab all the flyers and head to the gym to meet Gray and the rest of the boys helping out." Elena said, and I noticed how her cheeks grew a faint pink at the mention of her boyfriend name. I'm assuming the two are back on good terms. Good for them, it must've been so hard getting clocked in the eye by an earring.

Making our way into the gym we easily spotted the basketball team in the middle of the court lounging around. Armon Dixon, one of the well known players seemed to be instructing a set of younger looking players with some warm up stretches, and Grayson seemed to be doing the same with his own set of players.

They didn't seemed to notice us until Elena called out Grayson's name causing all the players to turn their head in her direction. All the eyes on her didn't seem to bother Elena as she ignored them all and skipped her way over to her man, tackling him into a embrace. Elena's eyes locked on her man, who's eyes were oddly enough trained on me.

He's probably wants answers about last night considering I never gave him any, but honestly it's none of his business.

"Are you guys ready to pass and hang up the flyers?" Elena asked, her voice becoming higher than normal as she looked around at all the other players.