Chapter 15. (part 2)

Start from the beginning

“He’s out on the balcony.” She told him without any questions. Once again, he simply nodded before he left the room and made his way to the balcony room. 

Liam could see Niall through the glass door; he was leaning on the railing, looking out over the garden. Liam could only see his back, but his whole posture looked sad. He hesitated with his hand on the door handle, but then he took a deep breath and pushed it down. Niall turned around at the sound and almost choked on his own spit when he saw Liam.

“Liam!” He said in a surprised voice.

“Hi.” Liam half whispered. He didn’t know why he was being so quiet and cleared his throat. “Um…” but he didn’t get a chance to say anything before Niall beat him to it.

“I am so sorry! I know it was stupid, but let me explain!” He pleaded, and Liam nodded - again. It felt like it was all he could do today; nod and listen and do as everyone say.

“I didn’t plan on running into you on that chat site, it just happened, and I was going to tell you it was me, I was! But then you started to talk about me, and I wanted to get you to like me, to give me a chance. Then I went on with it too long; I let it go too far. I didn’t know what to do… I don’t have a good explanation for this, I just know that I never wanted to hurt you… So, I’m sorry.” Niall’s little speech had been sad and desperate, but also hopeful.

“I’m sorry too; I shouldn’t have reacted that way.” Liam said and wished he could just take his actions back. “But Niall, you have to eat…” He didn’t come far before Niall cut him off.

“If that’s the only reason why you’re here, you can leave.” Niall said as turned around to watch the garden again.

“No, no, no, no!” Liam assured him and walked up to Niall so he was standing directly behind him. Niall didn’t turn around though. “Turn around.” Liam said and Niall slowly did, but he stubbornly kept his eyes on Liam’s left shoulder. “Please look at me.” Liam begged, because he wanted to see the emotions in Niall’s crystal eyes when he confessed his forgiveness and love. Niall hesitated for a second or two, but then he met Liam’s eyes.

“I liked you a lot when you were her, but I think I might have liked you even more when you were… Uh… you.” Liam licked his lips nervously. “And do you know how…” He paused a moment to find the right word, “… frustratingit is to be in love with two persons at the same time?” He finished with a small smile. Niall stared at him.

“You’re in love with me?” he asked in disbelief.

“I am.” He simply said and Niall pretty much attack him with a tight hug and kisses. Their first kiss wasn’t slow and passionate, or messy. It was just sweet and normal, but that didn’t keep it from being perfect and wonderful. 

They weren’t sure how long they stood there, tangled with each other, kissing. They just couldn’t get enough; it was like a drug they had suddenly become addicted to.

They didn’t stop until they heard a small laugh behind them.

“I’m gone for a year and you turned gay? Not bad.” Greg said with a grin, two big bags still hanging from either of his shoulders.

“Greg!” Niall shouted and left Liam to embrace his brother. Well, he pretty much jumped on Greg, who dropped his two bags to wrap his arms around his little brother. “I thought you wouldn’t be home until next week!”

“Well, I wanted to surprise you, and obviously I did.” Greg said and untangled himself and Niall so that he could reach out a hand for Liam to shake. “Hi, I’m Greg, Niall brother.” He told Liam with a smile. Liam didn’t hesitate a second to grab Greg’s hand and present himself.

“I’m Liam, Niall’s boyfriend.” He told Greg, and Niall felt the butterflies fluttering in his stomach. Liam was his boyfriend.

“Ah, nice to meet you. Well, I’m going to go and unpack, but I’ll catch you later?” Greg asked and looked between the two boyfriends.

“Of course!” Niall said and then Greg was gone. The blonde turned to Liam with a big smile. “Hello boyfriend.” He said and Liam couldn’t help but laugh.

“Now you’re being silly.” Liam told him, but Niall just closed the distance between them again.

“So,” Liam started when he broke away from the kiss, “do you want to stay here with your brother or would you like to come with me to the train station?”

“Train station?” Niall asked and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“Yeah, I had a dream that I want to come true.” Liam explained and Niall began to chuckle.

“Either you are being very cute right now, or very, very perverse.” Niall told him, and Liam giggled.

“I would say cute.” he said and wrapped an arm around Niall’s shoulders.