Chapter 7.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Falling for a Lie ~ Chapter 7.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“That was… Interesting” Niall said, walking out of natural science class with Louis. He wasn’t sure if Louis heard the slight sarcasm sweeping through his statement or not, because he only nodded.

“So, do you feel prepared for tomorrow?” the brown haired boy asked him.

“What about tomorrow?” Niall asked, already getting a bit nervous.

“Please tell me you didn’t forget about the test we have tomorrow?!” Louis begged, but he could see from the panicked look on Niall’s face that he, indeed, did forget.

“FUCK!” Niall yelled and a few students looked at him, while Louis rolled his bright blue eyes.

“I would help you study, trust me, but I got another date with Harreh tonight” he said with a smile.

“Why can’t you help me instead?! He’s not going to dump you just because you cancel one date! Besides, you two have been on like a million dates already!” Niall looked at Louis pleadingly, but the brunette just ruffled his hair.

“You understand that meeting the person you’re in love with is worth so much more than anything else, right? I mean, that’s why you’re always so excited when me and Liam hang out with you and Harreh and Zayn, or when you and Liam work on your project, am I right?”

Niall looked at him with big eyes and Louis saw how the boy paled in front of him.

“What… How did you know?! Did Harry tell you?! That bastard!” Niall was sure he’s going to strangle Harry next time he saw him.

“No, Harreh didn’t tell me, you dork”, Louis hit him in the head lightly, “I figured out this all on my own. It doesn’t take a genius to understand that you are head over heels for Liam, every time he’s around you… You are like… You’re glowing”

Niall turned bright red.

“Did you tell Liam?” he asked, scared of what the answer might be.

Louis didn’t know what to tell Niall. He had told Liam, but on the other hand it would probably destroy the group chemistry if he told Niall that Liam knew about his “secret”. And he hadn’t convinced Liam to date Niall yet, due to that stupid Nina-girl who had Liam wrapped around her finger.

“No, I didn’t tell him. And I don’t think he noticed anything, he’s pretty thick” Louis smiled at a relieved Niall, but the smile didn’t really feel real, since he lied about two things;

1. That he didn’t tell Liam
2. That Liam didn’t notice

Ouch, he was a bad friend, wasn’t he?

“Uh… Come with me to my locker, I’ll give you my notes to study with, it might help you” Louis began to lead the way and Niall followed silently.

Louis opened his locker and shoved a thousands of papers and notes into Niall’s arms. Niall looked down on the pile and understood that he would most definitely need help.

“Fucking shit…” he sulked.

Then he saw Liam walking towards them.

“Hey guys” he said but none of the two answered, instead Louis was writing down some extra important pages of their natural science book on one of the notes Niall was holding.

“So, Niall, do you want to work on the project today?” he asked and Niall groaned.

“I can’t, I got a goddamn test tomorrow and I forgot to study - I didn’t even know I had it! I’m going to fail, I’m sure…” Niall looked at the pile of papers in his arms and sighed sadly.