Fake smiles & Heart break

Start from the beginning

He turned his head towards me. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. And you? I mean I did fall on you, are you hurt?" I asked.

"No. You're really light, I didn't really notice until I opened my eyes and saw you" he said as he turned back to looking at the sky.

I can't take this anymore. I need to make my move but how? I've known him since we were kids but my feelings seemed to have been there since day 1, I guess now that I'm going through all these changes I realize that this has always been here. I've loved him since I was a child.

"Hey Minji..." He said.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Don't ever change okay? Always stay like this." He said.

"Why would I change? Have I?" I asked.

"A little. I notice you're quieter around me...is it because you don't like being with me?" He asked.

"No. It's not that at all." I said.

It's because you make me so nervous. It's hard to be around you....

"Then what is it?" He turned to look at me.

I sat up and took a deep breath. "I don't know. But I like being with you Namjoon, don't ever think I don't want to be around you."

He sat up and placed his hand on mine. A chill ran down my spine, his hand is so soft and warm.

I looked at him, his eyes searching my face. A grin formed on his face. Those perfect teeth.

I couldn't help but giggle.

"What's so funny?" He asked, still smiling.

"I remember the first time we met, in 1st grade. That's how you smiled at me when you introduced yourself to me" I said.

He began to slightly blush. "You still remember that?"

"I'll never forget it. That was the day our friendship began"

And also when I began to like you...

"You were mean though. A tough girl." He chuckled.

Until you came along. I didn't have any friends....

"Hehe. Yeah. I was." I smiled.

"Minji, can I tell you something?" He asked.

I looked at him. "Sure. You know you can tell me anything, I promise I won't tell"

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I swear, I'm the most fortunate person for having such a great friend. We've known each other for so long and even so I always find out something new about you. You're a really amazing girl Minji. Any guy would be really lucky to have you."

Why can't that guy be you so then I can feel lucky too....

"Thanks." I smiled but it wasn't really an enthusiastic one, it was more for show.

"But you better introduce me to your guy when you're dating. I'll beat him up of he tries anything funny" he smiled.

I smiled back. "Oh yeah? What if he's a black belt?"

"I don't care. I'll always protect you Minji, I love you" he said.

I felt warm and tingly. He loves me...he'll always protect me...my heart raced.

He looked around. "Hey, this place is nice. Minji this should be our new spot to be at after school. It's peaceful and quiet. What do you say? Should this be our new spot?"