Fake smiles & Heart break

We've been hanging out even more lately. Going out to the movies, taking walks in the park, just sitting around & enjoying each other's company. We talked a lot more, it almost felt like we were dating. These feelings I felt more and more intense, I wanted to tell him so bad that my heart was his and that it always will be but how do you say that when he's constantly telling me I'm his best friend & that he's never had a friend like me. Being friend zoned like that is pretty much just another way of saying 'I only see you as my friend'. I don't think he'll ever see me more than just his friend. His best friend...

"Minji, you wanna go get some ice cream after this?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah sure" I said.

Today we were just walking around the park. It was a nice day.

He smiled at me.

That smile. It's his smile that always seems to take my troubles away. No matter how down I'm feelings his smile is the solution. I smiled back.

"Minji, you look different today. Did you cut your hair or something?" He asked.

"No, actually. I just put some eyeliner on" I said.

He stood in front of me and walked backwards as he looked at my eyes. My heart raced.

"Your eyes look light. I like it" he smiled. "You should do that more often. It's pretty"

He thinks my eyes are pretty...I felt my heart beat increase. I wanted to blush but restrained myself.

He chuckled. "No need to be embarrassed by my compliment" he went back to walking beside me.

"I'm not embarrassed" I said.

"Yeah you are. Your ears are getting red~" he teased.

"No I'm not." I said as my lips formed a smile.

"Oh? Then why are you smiling?" He asked in a teasing tone.

"I'm not smiling." I looked away to hide it.

He walked in front of me again and turned my face.

"Ya! Namjoon!" I said smiling.

"I knew it! Why are you blushing? Hmm?" He chuckled.

"I'm not! Geez! Quit being annoying!" I tried to be serious but couldn't.

I felt his hand cup my face. My eyes widened.

"Haha. See? You're getting that embarrassed look ag-Woaah!" He tripped and feel back.

He grabbed on to my sweater as he fell back.

"Ah! Namjoon!" I fell down along with him. I closed my eyes.

*THUD*

The bushes rustled and broke our fall. Ow. Luckily there was somewhat tall grass or this would've hurt more.

I opened my eyes. I felt his arms around me, his face only inches away. He looked at me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

My heart was beating out of control. I fell on top of him and his lips are so close, if lean down a little I'd be able to kiss him....this is my chance.

"Minji?" He asked.

"Oh! Sorry!" I took his hands off of me and got up.

I reached out to pick him off the ground.

"Minji, lay next to me. This actually feels nice, the sky looks pretty. Let's look at the clouds for a while." He smiled at me.

"Yeah. Okay." I nodded and lay next to him.