~20~

Deathbringer grinned at the sight of his queen laughing, and the love in his heart grew a little more.

Just like it did every day.

They got to laugh for a few more seconds before Infinity went back to her usual serious self.

"Now, the actual reason I'm here-"

"You came to ask us where Jambu was since he left to go get more strawberries for you but you're worried because he's taking too long."

Deathbringer couldn't help but tease his little sister, he was in a good mood.

She gave him one of her worst glares yet. "Looks like we found the family's comedian."

Deathbringer smirked up at her. "Ding-ding! Winner chicken dinner, as Clay would say."

Infinity's face turned into a canvas painted completely in confusion.

"Who's Clay? Do I- ack, never mind, doesn't matter," Infinity paused to organize her thoughts, "I was just going to tell you that Mother wants you and your girlfriend back at the hut."

He frowned at the mention of his mother, but nonetheless said, "Do you know why?"

Infinity shook her head. "Nope, she just said it was important."

"We'll be there anyway, and just so you know, this girlfriend has a name," Glory said with a small huff.

"She does?! Oh no! Please forgive me your almighty and powerful highness," Infinity exclaimed with fake remorse.

The queen rolled her eyes at the hybrid's sarcasm but tiny smile formed on her face.

Deathbringer shook his head at their exchange and looked at the dragonet on his back.

She was a small little thing with lavender and baby blue scales. The bodyguard stared into her eyes, which were the color of Jade.

"What about them though?"

The girls stopped their little bickering to give him their attention.

"The wingery is at the other side of the village, and we can't bring them with us either," Deathbringer elaborated.

"I can take them! I was going back to that side of the village already too."

Five sets of eyes looked at Jambu, who jumped down from the trees sporting his distinguished pink scales.

The two little dragonets seemed to immediately recognize him.

In fact, Deathbringer noted that Jambu was quite popular with the whole RainWing tribe.

"Problem solved, now let's go," Infinity proclaimed as she took off into the trees' shadows.

"Hey, wait! Don't you wanna say goodbye to Jambu first?" Deathbringer yelled.

Infinity urned back around and simply said, "No," before making herself disappear again.

The queen and her bodyguard snickered before leaving a puzzled Jambu alone with the two RainWing dragonets.

*

The tip of Deathbringer's tail tapped the floor rapidly, a habit that he wasn't fond of.

He was supposed to be stealthy, agile, and patient. Yet here he was, the best ex-assassin in Pyrhia, tapping his tail out of pure nervousness.

"If she says one more hurtful thing to you or your sister, I'm kicking her out," Glory told him with a determined look.