Miscarriage

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Lashes tapped gently on the area below of his eyes, Taehyung slightly creaked open his eyes. The medical machine beside him made noises continuously. A blurry silhouette stood by the window, seemingly staring out in to the night sky. The grey-haired groaned quietly but enough to signal the person standing beside the window. "Taehyung, you're awake," said the man. Taehyung blinked numerous times to clear his vision, like an aerosol scattered across a cemetery. "Yoongi?" Yoongi smiles, he haven't seen this smile in a long time. It felt unreal, but vivid as possible too. Taehyung reached out a hand to touch the man but it went through, like he's air. He must be dreaming, right? But everything feels so realistic.

"Taehyung? Taehyung?" He awoke, feeling a force shaking his shoulder.

"Jungkook?"

"Finally, you're awake. You worried me so much," he sobbed, vulnerability completely dominates over superiority. "What happened?" Taehyung spoke, his voice as light as feather but as deep as the sea. "We found you laying on a pool of blood. And there's a stab wound on your back. When we found you, the wound healed a bit but still you were unconscious."

A flashback of memories crashes into his head. Jimin, violence, knife, Yoongi is his mate. He groaned, trapped in adversity. He felt sick to the bone, Jimin has never acted like this. "Who did this to you?" Jungkook inquired, the superiority  and fury in his voice returned. Troubled, Taehyung is afraid Jimin could be in worse condition. "I-I can't remember... I'm sorry." Jungkook's eyes gave much affection to Taehyung after hearing him stutter. "But whoever did this, they will repay no matter what. Jin told me you went to Jimin's place before all of this happened."  The alpha's eyes hinting suspicion as he spoke.

"Jimin has nothing to do with this. H-he went somewhere before it happened. It's none of his fault," Taehyung informed, fingers crammed itself to hide behind of the white fabric of the sheets. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, trying to see the lie behind the omega's words. But for his mate, he didn't want to make anymore assumptions furthermore. It was unpredictable. He sighs, "Fine." 

Taehyung grins, "Thank you, Jungkookie." He leaned in and kissed the alpha on the nose. Jungkook hugged his waist softly, one hand brushing his lover's grey locks. "Sir, I need to see you for a minute, would that be fine?" The doctor interrupted, mannerly with an affectionate smile. Jungkook looked at Taehyung and he nodded. "Sure," he replied.

Taehyung sighs as he watch the two exiting the room.

"So what's the problem?" The alpha inquired, looking at the doctor with intensity. The doctor lowered his eyes, mismatching Jungkook's gaze. He sighs before speaking. "Your mate had a miscarriage. Unfortunately, we couldn't save the baby because of how deep the stab wound was."

Astonishment rapidly set an emotion on his expression. Fire coursing throughout his whole physique. His nails crushed into his palms, leaving red nail marks on the skin of his hands. It's as if it's a rollercoaster. Going high, joyous. Down low, agonizing. Miscarriage? When? How? He grabbed the doctor's shoulders. "What?!" Jungkook crammed his eyebrows together, glaring at the doctor, hoping that he was lying.

"When? How?!" Then, Jungkook suddenly remembered how yesterday Taehyung was vomiting terribly and how he nauseous he was.

"The results shown that the pregnancy began 2 weeks ago. The exams shown how his symptoms were during the past few weeks. Unfortunately, we couldn't save the baby."

~

I apologize if I don't know the full information about miscarriages or pregnancy so I'm trying my best to the fullest in order to make this book sound more mature and realistic. If I am wrong, please correct me. Thank you all for being there.