Ambush

Peter was on patrol. Nothing interesting was going on that night except for two muggings, so Peter was just swinging around the city leisurely.

Just then, he heard someone call him.

"Hey! Spiderman! I just wanna talk," he heard a familiar voice call out and turned around to see Captain America standing on a tall building.

"Oh, uh, hey!" Peter greeted cheerfully as he swung over to where Captain America was and landed gracefully in front of him.

"I need to ask you something on behalf of S.H.I.E.L.D." Steve started and Peter fidgeted impatiently.

"Please hurry, I have a curfew." Peter said as he realised that it was five minutes before his curfew Aunt May had set.

"You have a-? Never mind, we want you to join the Avengers, and to let S.H.I.E.L.D. keep tabs on you." Steve explained and Peter was taken aback..

"What? No! Do you think I'm some sort of asset?" Peter asked incredulously as he stared at Steve.

"They seem to," Steve replied and Peter stepped back.

"No." Was all he said before Steve muttered those few words into his comm.

"Target not cooperating, send in the team."

"Roger that." Peter heard the person over the comm reply and glanced up in shock, before he was struck by a repulsor.

He fell to the ground, but scrambled up quickly as he clutched at his side painfully.

Aunt May wasn't going to be happy.

"Dude..." Peter groaned as he managed to dodge an incoming kick from Black Widow, and an arrow from Hawkeye.

"Where do y'all keep coming from?" Peter complained as he fought them off, but before the fight could get anymore intense, they were all blown back by a strong force.

The one who sent the explosion wasn't one on either of their sides.

Never mind, it wasn't one.

It was three of them, all teamed up.

Carnage, Green Goblin, and the Vulture.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me!" Peter literally shrieked as he caught sight of his past enemies.

"Just what we wanted, all of you gathered here. Makes it easier for us, especially to get spidey here..." Green Goblin snarled, and Peter visibly flinched, earning a look from the Avengers.

Without warning, the Green Goblin threw a pumpkin bomb at the Avengers and Peter.

Peter knew what was coming, and he knew Green Goblin aimed the bomb close enough to heavily injure the Avengers.

Almost on instinct, Peter webbed the bomb and yanked it towards him instead. The explosion sent him flying off the building.

They froze a moment before Tony snapped out of it.

"Settle those guys! I'll get the spider-ling!" Tony ordered the team as he flew downwards to catch Peter.

He was literally an inch away from Peter, but it was too late, he hit the ground, and it was at least fifty levels down. Peter gasped in pain as he tried getting up, but ended up falling again in pain.

Tony grabbed Peter and carried him back up to the roof, but laid him in a corner where he would be safe, then he joined back the fight.

There were shots everywhere. Natasha was desperately trying to tackle Green Goblin, Hawkeye was knocked out, and Hulk was held at bay by the Vulture.