Hunted (Part 1)

"Sir, an incoming call from Nick Fury," FRIDAY, Tony Stark's artificial intelligence, announced.

With an exaggerated groan of frustration, Tony peeled his eyes away from the new suit he was working on and ordered, "Answer it."

There was a second of static before Nick Fury's voice came through, "Tony."

"What is so important that you find the need to interrupt my work, eyepatch?" Tony snapped, obviously irritated by Fury's unannounced call.

"Spiderman is back on the radar," Fury informed Tony. "I want you to gather whoever you can to help capture that vigilante."

"Why do you want him so badly anyway?" Tony scoffed. "Is he seriously that threatening to you?"

"I do not want him to go rogue, Stark. In order to prevent that, I need to put a tab on him, but he has yet to cooperate with me."

"Fine." Tony groaned and asked F.R.I.D.A.Y to keep his new suit safely as he gathered the rest of the Avengers.

"What is it, Tones?" Rhodey asked as he stepped into the common area of Stark Tower.

"Eyepatch wants us to capture the spiderling." Tony explained.

The rest of the Avengers stared at him. They hated the spiderling because he could always evade them. And those webs are the worst.

"I want to do it, end this nonsense once and for all," Steve blurted out and the rest nodded.

"Suit up, I guess." Tony said nonchalantly as tapped his arc reactor twice to activate Mark 52.

~time skip~

Peter was swinging from building to building, whistling to the tune of an old song.

He felt his spidey sense tingling, but jumped away too late. Something hit him from the back, causing him to fall over the building, barely catching himself with a web in time.

"What the-?" He barely had time to finished before finding his web get sliced by a repulsor.

He shot another web towards a window and swung himself upwards, back on to the roof.

"Hi, I'm Peter- no, not what I meant. Uh, spiderman." Peter stuttered upon settling his eyes on his attackers.

The Avengers.

He was so screwed.

"Peter, you say?" Steve asked.

"Uh, no. Uh, that's not my name. Uh, I'm... Spiderman." He replied lamely as he stared at them wide-eyed.

All of a sudden, they all charged towards him. Natasha was kicking and punching him, and Steve's shield was hard to dodge. Not to mention Iron Man's repulsor, and Ant-man.

"We need to bring you back to shield." Steve said, "Just come with us and it'd be so much easier."

"No, just, uh, no." Peter replied, panicking a little as the fight got a little more intense.

Before he could say anything else, his spidey sense warned him about something else. It wasn't the Avengers. It was something else. Something like...

"Shit, I gotta go, see ya." Peter exclaimed as he swung away, with the Avengers chasing him from behing.

He had a feeling it was Aunt May.

Peter thought he had lost the Avengers after going by a few shortcuts. He swung back to his apartment, and crept back into his room.

Cautiously, he opened his door, and what he saw made him scream

Aunt May was lying on the floor, clutching a stab wound. Peter immediately removed his mask and ran towards May.

"Hey, May. It's alright. What happened? I'm sorry I should've been here. I-" Peter was rambling but May shushed him.

"It's okay, I've called the ambulance. Just to inform you, it was the Green Goblin." May whispered, trying not to wince in pain.

"I'm going to be alright, though." she continued, "These wounds are usually minor and won't cause death unless there's a massive bleeding."

"Gosh, sometimes you make this kind of things seem so minor when it's not, May." Peter managed a laugh.

"Oh, and, uh, he said to tell you to settle all you shit with him, or Gwen and I won't be the only things he hurt and take away from you." May muttered, not wanting to say it too loudly.

"Oh." Peter murmured lamely, still cradling his aunt's head.

However, someone saw the whole process. Natasha.

She was hanging from a griphook, looking through the window. She saw the whole incident, and couldn't help but bite back a sob when she heard about the Green Goblin's threat.

Gwen, wasn't she the daughter of the officer who died? Natasha wrecked her brains but that was all she remembered.

"Pete, what happened? I can see bruises forming on your face. I doubt Flash caused that. He's pretty strong, yes, but I doubt he'd hit you this hard?" Aunt May asked worriedly.

Just then, they heard footsteps rushing down the corridor. Peter and May glanced at each other knowingly.

"I'll tell you at the hospital, when I'm uh, Peter again. And no, Flash is not strong!" Peter yelled as he ran back into his room.

Natasha was still shocked from what she had seen through Peter's window, but she had to do what she had to do.

As Peter stepped into his room, Natasha grabbed him by the arm and dragged him to the top.

"Ow!" Peter exclaimed, taking in shaky breaths.

"I still have to bring you back, you imbecile." Natasha tried to lace her words with venom. But after hearing the boy's aunt's words, she was starting to doubt a lot.

"No! I can't! I have an aunt, I mean city, to protect!" Peter said as he backed away towards the edge of the roof.

His foot slipped as he fell off the building and shot a web towards the opposite building. He swung further away from the Black Widow, and rested on the top of Stark Tower after reassuring himself she had lost sight of him.

"This is the place they'd least expect me to be anyway." Peter murmured to himself as he hid behind a ventilator and changed into normal clothings.

After that, he swung away, and towards the hospital.

Word count: 967