A mission

"Code Spider." FRIDAY called out.

Tony and Peter turned to face each other, grins forming on their faces. FRIDAY occasionally called out 'Code Spider' before missions, letting Peter and Tony know that Peter was needed on a particular mission.

"Hurry up, kid." Tony urged as he double tapped on his reactor to trigger his new nanotech suit, "We don't have all day."

Peter nodded eagerly as he tapped on his smartwatch, allowing his spider-man suit to form around him. Tony had helped him compact it into the new watch a few days ago.

"Here we go!" Peter cheered as he leapt of the rooftop and swung from building to building. Tony flew beside him, an amused look on his face, and the rest of the avengers either ran or rode.

There, on the rooftop of one of the taller buildings, stood the Vulture, who was back and more powerful than before. He was loaded with more powerful technology this time, which seemed very intimidating, Peter thought.

"You can't be serious," Peter murmured to himself as he stared at Vulture nervously. Tony sent Peter a sympathetic look. He knew about Peter's traumatic battle with the Vulture.

"Hey, spidey. I'm back." The Vulture smirked, and Peter flinched subconsciously.

The Avengers sprung into action, shooting at him with their multiple weapons. As Peter shot a web towards Vulture, he noticed, from the corner of his eye, that Clint had been shot by one of Vulture's blasters.

"Shit," Peter cursed to himself. He thought that he heard a faint "language" in the background as he helped Clint up. He quickly webbed up Clint's wound, and made sure that Clint was no longer in pain, before running back into battle.

Peter smartly went for Vulture's wings, but Vulture had already planned everything out in prison. With the simple pressing of a button, his wings created a force field so strong that Peter and the rest of the Avengers were thrown back roughly. Peter winced as he landed painfully on the roof with a loud crack.

"No!" Peter cried out when he saw Vulture send a net flying towards the fallen Avengers, keeping them tied down to the floor of the rooftop.

"Just you and me now, spidey. You are the reason my family left me! They left me here, and went to continue their lives elsewhere!" Vulture bellowed and Peter flinched yet again.

Unable to compose himself in time, Peter was tackled by Vulture, and Vulture held the blaster to Peter's head threateningly.

"Now, tell me where Tony Stark keeps his tech," Vulture snarled, "and maybe I will consider letting all of you go."

Now, Peter wasn't stupid. He knew that Vulture would not let them go even if he told him where Tony kept all of his new technology. He sucked in a sharp breath when he realised what he had to do.

"Pete, tell him!" Tony yelled desperately. It touched Peter to know that Tony would give up his tech—and even his life—just for him, but he only had one shot at this.

"Do your wings support the weight of two?" Peter asked with a short, nervous laugh before he threw the both of them off the roof. Vulture did not see this coming at all, and in that moment of unpreparedness, Peter was able to help the both of them land in the nearby ocean.

And he was drowning... drowning, drowning, drowning...

"No!" Tony bellowed in shock, along with the others. After blasting the net a few times, it finally came off—Tony really had to see what it was made of later—and he quickly flew off the building and into the ocean.

As he entered the water, he caught sight of two sinking figures. One was Peter, his kid. The other, a drowning Vulture. Seems like his tech wasn't waterproof after all that effort he put in. Tony dived for Peter and dragged him up to the surface. Tony quickly removed Peter's mask to help him breathe better.

"Fri? Read vitals," Tony muttered to his AI worriedly.

"Heartbeat detected. Lungs filling with water, but with quick medical attention, he should be just fine." FRIDAY informed Tony.

Tony let out a sigh of relief. Peter was alive.

"What am I going to do with this kid?" he asked helplessly.

-time skip-

Peter slowly began to stir in the medical bay of Stark tower. He blinked rapidly to clear his vision, and began to sit up slowly. As he sat up, he came to the realisation that he was being surrounded by Natasha, Bruce, Steve, Bucky and Tony.

"Woah, what's going on?" Peter asked in surprise, "Why do all of you look so grim?"

"Woah, it's almost as if you've been unconscious for two weeks." Natasha commented.

Peter immediately shot up in shock.

"Two weeks?" He asked incredulously, "Dear God, Aunt May is going to kill me! And I missed two weeks of patrol! Why didn't you wake me up sooner?"

"Wake you up? Kid, you almost died." Tony pointed out, though he couldn't suppress the incoming laughter.

"Well, I—" Peter started, only to be shut down by the group's sudden hug. Peter softened, and melted into their touch.

"Sorry for worrying you guys." He apologised as a smile creeped onto his face, "I love you."

Word count: 873