Forgotten

⚠️TW: suicide attempt

Lately, as Peter was going to the tower, he began to realize something.

People were paying him less attention.

Now, don't get him wrong. Peter was not an attention-seeking child. He simply found it weird that the Avengers would barely acknowledge his presence.

Every time he went to the tower, the Avengers barely even greet him anymore. Tony was, arguably, the worst of the lot. He'd even thought that Peter was another low-level intern at one point.

At first, Peter thought they were just busy, and he just shrugged it off at first. But when it lasted for a month, he finally started to find something off about their behavior, especially as a new boy became Tony's new assistant - Connor.

Connor even went to Peter's school, for God's sake! Not only that, he even hit on MJ! But MJ, being MJ, just glared at him and smacked him hard on his head with a book. Peter had grinned at her and went off to Literature class with her after that.

One night, Peter moved back to Aunt May's apartment, crying. Collapsing into his aunt's arms, he explained everything in between sobs.

"Oh, sweetie," Aunt May hugged him back and kissed him on top of his head, "I larb you. It's okay... I'm here."

They didn't even realise Peter had moved back. They only had eyes for Connor now.

A few nights later, as Peter was swinging around as spiderman, an incoming call came from Tony.

"Surprising," he murmured and answered the call.

"Hey, realised you moved back to your aunt's place!" Tony started cheerily as if nothing had happened the past month. "Aren't you going to come around and say hello to Connor? I swear, he is the best! He even solved the problem you couldn't! He is just... Wow. Oh, and he also..." Peter tuned Tony out and after a few minutes of Tony listing out Connor's goods, Peter just hung up.

He swung back home crying.

His aunt hugged him tight and tucked him in.

The next morning was kind of an important day for Peter. Monday was a prize presentation in which Peter would receive a prize for contributing so much to the decathlon team, and he would also receive the trophy in honour of the team since MJ could not make it.

But he had it all planned out. An intricate, maybe a little dramatic too, plan to end it all.

He had already written a letter for May, the rest of the avengers, Ned, and MJ. He had hidden a gun in his upper left jacket pocket, and as he went to bed, he patted the pocket to make sure it was securely there.

A painful, but quick, plan.

- a few hours later -

Connor walked up the stage and received a prize for being the best student of the cohort even though he had only just joined the school. Tony and the rest of the avengers were there. They all cheered for Connor and Connor kept his nose high up in the air, an aura of arrogance around him.

Peter went up next. As he was receiving the trophy of contribution to the team, he heard a loud "boo" and turned his head around.

It was from Tony.

His jeer was followed by the rest of the avengers except for Thor, Bruce and Wanda, who stayed silent.

But Tony faltered for a while.

He saw the tears slip from Peter's eyes, saw the trophy slip from Peter's hands and smash into a million pieces on the floor, saw the slight tremor in Peter's hands.

In a swift motion, Peter brought the gun out and pointed it to his own temple. There were gasps from all over.

"This is what you all want, isn't it?" He asked softly and smiled in some twisted sort of happiness before pulling the trigger.

However, before the bullet could penetrate his head, a red, glowing force field was formed around the gun.

Wanda.

She flew up there and wrapped her arms around a sobbing Peter, glaring daggers at Tony and the rest. They stayed like that for the next few seconds, just Peter crying as the Avengers repented their actions and the school trying their best to process what had happened.

But the silence was broken by a loud crash. Window pieces laid broken on the ground as a flying figure smashed into the window, completely shattering it.

Vulture.

"Alas, I get to get revenge," smirked Vulture. His eyes narrowed at the sight of Peter. "You took my family away from me."

He aimed a pistol at Peter but Wanda quickly disarmed him. The Avengers all jumped into action immediately whilst the members of the school cowered in fear.

Thor threw his hammer at Vulture who barely dodged it. He glowered at Thor and shot a bullet at him. Thor grunted as the bullet grazed his forearm.

"You dare try to take me down?" Vulture sneered. "You fools..."

They did not have time to react as Vulture threw a handful of grenades at them. Wanda busied herself with shielding the civilians, resulting in her being unprotected. One of the explosions threw her into a wall violently, knocking her out cold.

Tony's suit began to malfunction and he looked down, gasping in horror when he realized that one of the explosions had somehow damaged his suit. Whatever technology Vulture had used was way more advanced then anything he had seen.

All the students and teachers who were still conscious crept back in horror, most of them letting out fearful cries.

Peter, having composed himself, put on his web shooters with ease. He swung forward and aimed for Vulture's wings. Vulture growled and lunged for Peter. In a state of panic, Peter grabbed onto Mjolnir. He thought his efforts would probably be futile, but on the contrary, he picked up Mjolnir with ease and smashed it against Vulture.

But Vulture was fast, too.

As he was blasted backwards, he pulled Peter along with him and made him suffer the impact.

Peter could feel his ribs breaking and his lungs rupturing. He was crushed under Vulture's wing. He struggled, but managed to break free of the grasp.

He stumbled as he got up.

"Is he dead?" Peter whispered, barely audible.

"I think so," Tony replied as he stepped out of the suit.

But he was so wrong.

As Tony was stepping out of the suit, Vulture rose and aimed a laser at him.

"Fuck," Peter cursed. He should've listened to his spidey sense that warned him earlier.

In a heartbeat, Peter was by Tony's side. He pushed Tony out of the way, sighing in relief when he knew that Tony would be unhurt. The relief, however, did not last long, for he felt blood begin to pool on his shirt.

Peter collapsed, staring down at his bloodied shirt in shock. He lay there, curled up, a pool of blood forming on the ground.

"No..." Tony murmured and he ran towards his kid.

Thor took care of the Vulture.

"Wake up, Pete," Tony shook Peter slightly and Peter winced.

"Shit, sorry kid." Tony apologised.

"Wake up, man of spiders. You haven't even had a chance to prove yourself worthy again yet," Thor tried joking, and it worked, a little, as Peter laughed, but coughed out blood.

And the school watched.

He coughed out even more blood, and said one last, "I'm sorry."

And he was gone.

Word count: 1247 [ edited : 26 may 2021 ]