“No.”

            Eren finished the right boot and then started working on the other boot, “How come?”

            Levi watched Eren tie his left boot, “I usually walk around barefoot. I just… they never gave me any probably because they thought I would either cause myself harm or someone else harm.”

            Eren stood up straight and held out a hand to help Levi up, “Then I’ll teach you how to tie your shoe next time.” Levi considered taking Eren’s hand, he was uncertain. But what would be the harm? Levi extended his arm and grabbed Eren’s hand. He helped Levi to his feet.

            Standing up was like a whole new feeling for Levi. It felt good. He could feel the boots around his feet, they fit snugly, yet gave enough room that he could wiggle his toes. He felt confident walking around now. He rolled his ankles and the boots would practically move right with him. He even took a couple steps to see how they worked when he walked. Flawless. Levi liked these boots. Levi liked his boots. “Thanks. They fit.” Levi’s brows furrowed, “How did you know what size I wear? And my clothes too?”

            “I called Hanji yesterday. Remember how I left right after I just dropped you off? Well, I went shopping and Hanji provided me with what size fits you the best… She was more than willing to give it to me… And then she gave me the rest of your documents.”

            “My documents? What do you mean? What is on them?”

            Eren seemed slightly hesitant to answer but sure enough, “Basically it was your medical history and stuff…”

            “Oh.”

            Opening the door, Eren led the way out, “Well come on, let’s go. We can’t waste the day away.” Levi nodded and followed Eren out of the house. He closed the door behind him. He followed Eren to his car, got in the passenger’s side and fastened his seat belt. After Eren did the same, he turned on his car and at last they were on their way to town.

▐►►

            Levi peered out the window as Eren drove. They were in town now. There were more buildings here, more cars, and more people, more everything. It was different. Louder. Stinky. Disgusting. And gross. “How can people live in this filth?” Levi asked as Eren parked the car. They were in a parking lot right now. But then again, he didn’t live in the best conditions for most of his life. Who was he to say this was disgusting when he himself was filthy in his own way?

            “You think this is dirty? Just wait until you see a big city.” Levi followed Eren onto the sidewalk. “You’ll just have to get over it because we’re going to be uptown all day.”

            Levi shrugged to Eren’s comment. “Like I could go anywhere anyway. Where would I even go? I don’t remember the way home either so you’re my only way back.” Besides, I’m curious. Levi quickened his step to catch up with Eren, “Alright, where are we going?”