Levi's Wings of Freedom

Laughter. It was everywhere. Levi's ears were filled with this familiar sense of dread. He despised today and well- Every day. This place was shit. Today was another viewing. How he hated it so much. He wanted them to leave. Click. Another photo.

"Wow, look at those beautiful wings!"

Levi winced slightly. Luckily there was never a crowd, only a handful of people at a time. It was always either the perverted rich who would make vulgar comments or the crazy scientists that have him held up here... Both most of the time. They would stare. Poke him through the bars of his cage. Sometimes throw things at him. Laugh. Irritate Levi to no end.

"Someone should kill this fucking mutant!"

Every fucking one of you bastards should die. Levi's death stare could almost kill on its own. Had Levi not been shackled and trapped in a giant 'birdcage' (almost room sized mind you)... Red would be the new decor. In a way, the 'birdcage' was more like a prison cell- four sides with one side against the cold wall. Levi's so called bed was against the wall.

"Hey shorty give us a show!"

He found himself wondering if he was even sane anymore. This was what his life had become. Between a mix of random visitors, the scientists (poking, prodding, making snide or vulgar comments and injecting things into him) and an occasional punishment, life wasn't all that bad. Or was it? He got fed, clothed (lucky him), had a bed and for the most part, other than when he had visitors he was left alone. Overall, Levi was content with this but he knew it wasn't going to last for much longer. He knew something was changing. Word had spread fast that an auction was coming soon. Levi knew he'd be one of the things being sold. Whole or in parts, he didn't know yet.

"Get him to flex! I want to see them!"

PLUCK! Levi moved away from the bars quickly or at least as far as his chains would let him. It was a constant reminder that he was trapped. He frowned and then glared at the human who dared to pluck one of his feathers. Something like this occurred every once in a while. Levi should have been used to it by now but damn it those were his feathers and it still stung when they got pulled out. It was always in the same spot because that's all the humans could afford to reach. The way Levi usually positioned himself made it very difficult to reach him. He use to have elegant, beautiful wings-one black, the other white. Unfortunately, now, he was starting to get several bald spots on his wings from all of the feathers he was losing.

"Look at the birdie in the cage!"

Levi brought up his wings and surrounded himself with them. Sadly this was the only place he felt safe and comfortable... in his own wings, soft and the same color as his hair. He fell slowly to the ground slightly under his bed and curled up into fetal position. He looked like a fluffy black ball. The floor was cleaner than their filthy hands. Leave me the fuck alone. He was tired of these people. Leave...Just leave! It's too bad hell is an endless cycle.