Levi's First Taste of Freedom

Levi’s First Taste of Freedom

▐►►

        Flip. Levi had been tossing and turning all night, he hardly got any sleep. It wasn’t the bed’s fault. It really was comfortable but for whatever stupid reason he couldn’t stay asleep. It was probably because his mind was a storm of raging thoughts slamming in his head with ferocious fury. What if he is just tricking me? Luring me into a trap. Is he trying to befriend me? What does he want from me because I have nothing to give. Thoughts like those overwhelmed him like a sickness spreading through his body, plaguing him.

        Finally the morning came, Levi got up and out of bed. Eren’s pajamas sagged slightly which irritated Levi. No wondering I couldn’t sleep, I was wearing this all night. Although he knew he was just making up an excuse, trying to fool himself. Was it wrong to want everything to be okay? To work out? Was this normal? “Tch.” Levi went over to his dresser and opened the bottom drawer slowly. So it really wasn’t a dream? That brat actually did buy me clothes. Part of Levi was thankful, it was nice getting something decent to wear, but the other part of Levi was dreading this. Does he think clothes will make me trust him?

            Levi started picking out something to wear. In the end he slipped on clean boxers, socks, a black graphic tee, and some skinny jeans. He liked the way everything fit. Nothing was too tight or too loose, just right. He didn’t feel exposed, just comfortable. When he was done, he walked into the bathroom. He could hear echoes of steps going down the hall. Eren was up too it seemed. He checked himself out in the mirror, seeing how exactly everything fit around him. Levi then brushed his hair, making sure his hair was parted perfectly, aligned and straight.

            His feet fluttered down the steps, he could already smell something being cooked. He made his way to the kitchen where the smell was coming from. He saw Eren hovered over near the stove. “What are you making?” By now Levi was next to him, curiosity brought him there. Eren made a little yelping sound which shocked Levi. How could this brat be startled of him? Levi was the one who was a nervous ball of wreckage, though you could never tell, his face remained emotionless as always.

            “L-Levi?” Eren turned to look at Levi, his face turned into relief, “Holy crap, you scared me. I didn’t even hear you come in.” He opened a cabinet looking for plates.

            Meanwhile Levi looked down into the pan, “…So what did you make?” He had no idea what he was looking at. “I have never had this before.”

            Eren looked like he almost dropped his plates, “Wait, so you’re saying that you’ve never had pancakes before?” His mouth was open. Was it something I said? These are pancakes? What. The. Actual. Fuck. Levi thought to himself.

            Levi frowned, “Um… no? Should I have pancakes?” He asked awkwardly.

            Eren looked like he was going to burst as he set the plates down, “Yes, I didn’t make them just for myself and I don’t know if you’d be offended if I made you eggs…”

            “Eren, I’m not a bird. I won’t be offended, trust me, Hanji tried.” Levi picked up one of the plates and got himself pancakes. Levi received a scowl from Eren as he looked at his plate, “What? I’m starving and I didn’t get to eat yesterday.”