XV

"Where are we going now?"

"Well, Since My beautiful husband had a pretty long day and He must be tired So I decided to give him a reward for putting up with me all day."

Andy giggled and shook his head at Rye's cheeky grin. It was indeed true that they had a long day and Andy was really tired. Earlier that morning, Rye had asked him to get ready because he had a surprise for him. Andy was confused at first but all his questions were answered when they reached a huge photography studio.

Ryan had explained quite enthusiastically that since they didn't have a proper wedding photoshoot, therefore, he decided to arrange a post wedding shoot.

"After all, time flies by pretty fast and so does the people. But pictures - they remain forever." He had said with a charming smile and just like that, Andy found himself in Rye's arms, posing for photos which - he didn't knew at the moment - would later bring nothing but pain to him.

"Are you okay, babe?" Rye asked, putting his hand on Andy's thigh gently. The blonde boy tried not to shift uncomfortably and instead, smiled at his husband.

"Yes. I was just.. thinking."

"About?"

"About us. I-I didn't think I'd find someone who would love me as much as you do." Andy smiled softly, looking down at Rye's hand on his thigh, unknown to the way the man's face contorted into a victorious smirk.

"Andy, Listen," He grabbed the boy's small hand, "What's meant to be, will always find a way."

"Indeed."

Andy replied and soon, a comfortable silence fell over them. 

When they reached their destination, Rye quickly got out of the car and opened the door for Andy - like a true gentleman - before taking his husband's hand and walking inside the ice cream parlour.

"Ice-cream? Really, Rye?" Andy asked with an amused face.

"What? Don't you like ice-cream?"

"I do, silly. I was just surprised." Andy giggled, watching Rye as he placed their orders.

"One scoop of mint chocolate chip cone for me and two scoops of raspberry ripple for my husband, thank you." Rye ordered before turning his attention towards Andy, who was busy looking at a young couple and their kid.

"What are you looking at, love?"

"I was thinking how nice it would be if one day we'd be able to adopt a baby too." Andy spoke with a fond smile.

Rye was a bit taken back and quickly shook his head when thoughts of a happy married life with Andy started to fill his mind. He had a goal to achieve for God's sake.

Thankfully, His phone started to ring and he excused himself, walking out of the small shop.

"Speak." He said strictly, his eyes watching Andy through the glass window, a smirk making its way to his face when he heard the man speak on the other side.

"Make it seem as real as possible. He can't find out about this plan."

"Got it Sir."

"He is coming." He spoke, watching Andy walk towards him with their ice-creams, "I'll call you later." And then the call ended.

"Hi! Here's your order, Mr. Cobban." Andy said cheerfully but as Rye went to grab his sweet delight, The blonde boy smudged it on his nose slightly. Rye scrunched his face, staring at the blonde boy, watching how his dimples popped out and his eyes shone in mischief and happiness as he continued to giggle uncontrollably. And out of nowhere, Rye felt a strange tug at his heart, a tiny bit of guilt eating him inside before he pushed it away, locking it deep within the bars of his heart.