VIII

Andy was lying on his bed the night before his 'wedding'. Elisabeth had insisted that Andy and his family should stay at the Cobban Mansion but Andy, being the stubborn human being he is, apologised and returned to his own house with his family.

Rachel was quite disappointed with him but didn't blame him. After all, It was going to be his last night with his family and he'd rather spend it in his own home instead of a huge ass mansion where He doesn't feel comfortable at all.

Suddenly, Carl's face flashed in his mind and tears started to fill up his already swollen eyes. He and Carl had  so much planned for their future and now, everything was gone. Carl was gone.

Out of frustration, He picked up a vase and threw it against the door, smashing it into pieces. His breathing was heavy as tears continued to flow out of his eyes.

"Andy? Are you okay?" His brother's voice was heard from outside the room. Then suddenly, there was a panicked knock. Andy sighed and got up from the bed, walking towards the door and unlocking it.

"Andy- Oh my God!" Rachel looked around in shock. His room was so messy and unorganized - clothes lying everywhere along with pieces of the broken vase - and Andy himself looked like he was on drugs and had not slept in days.

"What happened, Andy?" Hayden asked softly.

"I-I can't lie to you anymore. I n-need to tell you something." He sobbed.

"What is it? You can tell us anything you want, love." Hayden said lovingly, making him sit down on the bed and then proceeding to wipe away his tears.

"I-I d-don't want to marry R-Ryan." Andy started.

Hayden sighed and was about to say something but Andy interuppted him.

"I love someone else."

Silence.

"But he is dead now."

More Silence.

"I.. don't know what to say.. I'm so sorry for your loss, brother." Hayden said after a few seconds.

"Who was he? The guy you loved?" Rachel asked.

"It was.. Carl.. Carl Anderson." Andy looked down shamefully. His brother's expression changed from sad to angry.

"Seriously, Andy!? 7 billion people in this world and you chose Carl!?" Hayden raised his voice slightly.

"I--"

"You know that His family would've never accepted you Andy. And His father was responsible for such a huge loss in our business. And I can guarantee you that He would've never been able to keep you happy and give you the life you deserve." His brother shouted angrily.

"B-But he is n-no more-" Andy started to cry again. Hayden sighed and sat down beside him.

"Look, Andrew. We only want the best for you. Maybe you loved that guy, but he is no more in this world now."

"Yeah! And that's why, You're going to marry Rye." Rachel interuppted which earned her a glare from her husband.

"Andy, Ryan is a very nice man. He'll keep you happy. Try to forget Carl and move on. It's the best for you." Hayden said and after giving him a reassuring pat, Rachel and him left the room.

Andy wanted to protest, wanted to tell them that no, He doesn't want to marry Rye.

But he knew that his family would never agree. 

And That's why he is going to do what he originally planned.

●●●

The next morning, Andy was walking towards the bridge again. He had called Ryan earlier and asked him to meet him at the bridge at 9am.