*A Study In Pink: Part Five*

Chapter Five: Uninvited Memories

I didn't speak during the cab ride. I was too shocked by how Sherlock had deduced me so accurately. I looked to the cab driver to see that it wasn't the one I stole those pills from. Right now, they looked promising.

I then leaned my head against the cool glass window, feeling my eyes droop, and felt myself fall asleep to the sound of another deduction from Sherlock.

* * *

"Mom? I'm home." I said, coming through our third rate, plastic flat door. It was a mess. There was trash all around the floor, and bottles of alcohol either lying carelessly, or shattered by the wall. On the dirty blue couch was my washed up, passed out mother.

I felt tears well up in my eyes from the sight, remembering how this is my life now. Also, on my way home, Dakota and her gang had jumped me, stealing my money and leaving me with black and blue souvenirs. Making the ten-pace trek to my four-walled room, I felt my leg sting from the graze that I got from the curb. Looking at my small figure in the mirror, I noticed flaws I hadn't seen before. My hair was tattered, clothes dirty and torn, and my face had grime from the street.

I had read posts online about people who had depression and committed self-harm, along with the pointless comments about how beautiful they were. Some of those people hadn't even seen them before.

"Poor Aspen. No one loves you. Not your mom, who'd trade you for a pint any day. Not your uncle, who has to go to another country. Can't you see when you're not wanted?" Dakotas words echoed from the past in my mind.

I had reached rock bottom. My feet took me to the kitchen, where I got a dirty, jam-crusted butter knife, and ran back to my room. My eyes couldn't bear the burden of tears anymore, and sent them flowing down my cheeks. I pulled up my sleeve and held the handle. Burying my face in my pillow, I held back a cry. It was less than a second, maybe half a second, but it changed everything.

* * *

"Aspen, wake up." I heard John say, accompanied by small shakes on my shoulder. He helped my out, along with being wary of his leg, and I stood on his right, away from Sherlock. Waiting for us was a crime scene- with police cars, police tape, the whole deal. There was a woman there, chocolate skin and hair waiting behind the tape.

"What exactly are we supposed to be doing here?" John asked, putting an arm around me. I saw the woman look to us as I wormed my way out of Johns hold.

"Hello freak!" She greeted. Even though she meant Sherlock, I still felt offended.

"I'm here to see Detective Inspector Lestrade." Sherlock stated, approaching the tape.

"Why?" The woman asked.

"I was invited." Sherlock said abruptly.

"Why?" She insisted, her tone showing indifferent feelings to Sherlock.

"I think he wants me to take a look." Sherlock spat, sarcasm caking his voice.

She then looked to John and I. "What, did he follow you home?" She asked John. "Is he paying your candy money too?" She then asked me.

"Always a pleasure, Sally." Sherlock mumbled.

Sherlock, John and I proceeded under the caution tape as Sally rolled her eyes.                 

"Freaks here, bringing him in." She said into a radio.