*The Great Game: Part Two*

Chapter Twenty-Three: Jim From IT

The next morning I walked out and into the living area, only to see a man who resembled Sherlock toying with an umbrella as he sat in a seat by the fireplace.
"Oh, hello." He said, and flashed a sarcastic grin. "The children's school is down the street."
"Mycroft she's John's niece." Sherlock said, coming out of his bedroom with a violin.
"Now come, little brother, you don't work her too?" He said as Sherlock sat across from him.
"You guys-" I started.
"Unfortunately." Sherlock said. If he is rude to others with "deductions" I would hate to be the one who is classified my an older Holmes.

I tried to ignore the conversations of the two as I went back into John's bedroom to relax and listen to music. I didn't need to though, because Sherlock started playing on his violin to drown out the voice of his brother. I flopped down on the bed, wondering if I should've chosen to go with Molly last night, and her boyfriend Jim. The way he looked at me was creepy enough, though, and I don't think I would've survived the extreme awkwardness that hovered over.

I brought my arm over my face, and sat up, going to the desk across the room. Turning on the lamp, I felt the intentions of skin that scarred over. The freshest was three days old, and I tried to hold back tears of regret that it didn't succeed.
"Aspen?" I heard the familiar voice of John call. I turned around to see him, only to have myself be attacked in a hug.
"Bloody hell, I thought you were dead. The explosion, you know?" He sighed.
"I wasn't here when that happened John." I groaned as I pushed him away, then wiped my eyes, standing up. "Stayed at the library and came when it happened."

When I walked out, Sherlock had started playing an arpeggio as his brother began to walk out.
"See you very soon." he said, then waltzed out with his umbrella.
"Why'd you lie?" John asked sherlock as I saw bullet holes in a spray-painted smiley face on the wall. He must've used the paint from that Chinese case we had a few weeks ago. "You've got nothing on. not a single case."

"Why shouldn't I?" Sherlock asked, fingering his violin strings. Almost instantly, with John as well, I realize what Sherlock's relationship with his brother is, which I think is quite funny in a way. I've never had a sibling to have a rivalry with anyway.
"Sherlock Holmes." Sherlock said, answering his phone, kind of ignoring John. After a moment, his face excites. "Of course. How could I refuse?" He asked, then put his violin down as he hung up. "Lestrade. I've been summoned. Coming?"

"If you want me to." John said, then looked to me.
"Of course. I'd be lost without my blogger. Oh and Aspen too." Sherlock said, picking up his coat.
* * *
"You like the funny cases, right? The funny ones." Lestrade asked Sherlock as we walked into his office.
"Obviously." Sherlock muttered.
"Well you'll love this one. That explosion..." Lestrade started.
"Gas leak, yes?" Sherlock asked as I glanced at Ms. Donovan.
"No."
"No?"
"It was made to look like one." Lestrade stated.

I sat in one of his chairs in his office when we got inside, only to see a white envelope.
"Hardly anything left inside the place except a box- a very strong box- and inside was this." Lestrade explained, gesturing to the envelope.
"You haven't opened it?" Sherlock asked.
"Well its addressed to you. We've x-rayed it. It's not booby- trapped.
"How reassuring." Sherlock sighed, then took the envelope that I notice has his name written in a girly penmanship.

"Nice stationery. Bohemian." Sherlock classified.
"What?" Lestrade asked.
"From the Czech Republic. No fingerprints?"
"No."
Looking closer at the script, Sherlock deduced that it was a fountain pen. I looked at my phone to see a message from Molly.

Coming today? You're late

I gasped lightly as I stood up.
"I gotta go John." I said, then rushed out.
* * *
I ran into the hospital, out of breath, only to see Molly.
"Aspen!" She exclaimed, signing in.
"Sorry- I'm late." I heaved, trying to control my breathing.
"Um... I just got back from lunch. You didn't have to come in until several more hours.
After a few pants, I stood up. "W-what?" I asked.
"That was good." I heard come in behind me. I turned to see her boyfriend, Jim, with a styrofoam cup in his hand. "Oh hello." he said, walking past me.
"Maybe I can find something for you to do." Molly said, walking with me to the lift.