*The Blind Banker: Part Ten*

Chapter Twenty-One: More Memories and Lies

All that lied on Sherlock's face was worry. I was glad he wasn't concerned with me, because I honestly don't know why he wanted me to come at all; to the "circus" and to wherever John was.
"Where is he?" I asked, finally.
"A tramway. He was taken by the smugglers." Sherlock said.
"Oh." I said, my tone not as nervous as Sherlock was.

When we arrived, Sherlock sprinted so fast, I wondered if it would be worth it to follow him. the tunnel got darker as we ran on, until a light was dim in the distance. He stopped abruptly, and I almost crashed into him.
"Sherlock Holmes pretty companion in a death-defying act!" I heard a woman announce.
"They think he's you?" I whispered, but he covered my mouth instead of responding.
"I'm not Sherlock Holmes!" John yelled, his voice desperate.
"I don't believe you." she said.

"You should, you know." Sherlock stated in the darkness. The woman and her friends whizzed around to nothing because of the shadows over us as Sherlock started walking forward.
"How would you describe me, John? Resourceful? Dynamic? Enigmatic?" Sherlock joked. Still hiding, I saw her raise a gun in our direction. "That's a semi-automatic. If you fire it, the bullet will travel at over a thousand meters per second."
"Well?" She asked.
"Well," he repeated as I noticed he had his riding crop with him, and snapped once at a coming man. " The radius curvature of these walls is four meters. If you miss, the bullet will ricochet. Could hit anyone. Might even bounce off the tunnel and hit you!" He added.

As he emerged from the darkness and started fighting men, I noticed the familiar black ball descending to the bowl... and the crossbow that pointed to Sarah. I start to make my way to them when someone notices me. They raise a gun to shoot when Sherlock pushes me down with him. As he fought the man I noticed John, completely dumbfounded that I was here. I then made my way to the crossbow, milliseconds before it grazed the bowl. Noticing Sarah's tears, I almost pushed the bow out of the way when before I knew it, the feather fired.

A man groaned in pain and fell to the floor as Sarah's short, panicked breaths and sobs reminded me all too well of my own.
"It's all right. You're gonna be alright now, it's over." Sherlock soothed to her. I fell to my knees as my head started to go numb from my inner pain. My body fell forward as I joined Sarah in sobs.
* * *
The next morning, I found myself once again in Sebastian's office, watching him sign a cheque for £20,000. "He really climbed up the balcony?" He asked, giving it to John.
"Nail a plank across your window and all your troubles are over." John joked, but Sebastian didn't look amused.
"Thanks." he said, looking awkward. Just then we hear a high pitched voice scream
"Nine million!"
Before we left.

"John, stop." I said, rejecting his offer to walk me to school.
"It's no trouble for me." He said.
"Well it is for me. Just please leave me alone? I moved in with you and Sherlock like you wanted, and I let you hide my bloody blades!" I demanded, not thinking of my word choice.
"Aspen-" he started.
"John, just, please stop." I said, then thought for a moment. "I'm sorry." I added, trying not to cringe at the apology. "I'll see you later okay?"
"Okay. Love you." He said, patting my shoulder.
"Love you too." I said, then turned with the intention of not looking back. It's then, in sadness, that I unwind my fingers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~