*The Great Game: Part Ten*

Chapter Thirty-One: Devil Take The Hindmost

We arrived at an empty Planetarium, but the door was open with one car in the lot. The three of us walked up to it as Sherlock examined the door, and heard a rather loud audio coming from inside.
"Aspen, please stay here. You don't know who we're dealing with here." John advised, and patted my shoulder. My eyes were watery from the dry air, but I kept my mouth shut.
"Okay." I said, kind of worried at the night around me. Darkness and I don't mix well.

When they went inside, I brought out a bag with two of the anti-depressants that Molly gave me, and popped one in. I was about to fall asleep against the wall when I heard yelling from inside.

"John?" I yelled, but more people could've heard me outside than the three inside.
I couldn't stand any longer, and hesitantly walked in. There was a movie playing on a projector about space, and it looked like someone tall was attacking Sherlock. The movie was stopping and starting as I made my way down to the seats where the figure was.
"Sherlock?" I asked, as John approached him, a pistol in his hands.
"Let him go, or I will kill you." he said, with not a falter in his voice.
I heard Sherlock whimper before the Golem let him go, but turned over to me. He lunged to me and wrapped his hands around my throat.

"J-John!" I called, my head bursting with the need for air. My hands clawed at my attackers before I began to see dark. Just before the last bit of light was gone I heard a distant gunshot, which made him stop and run away. I took deep, but staggered breaths as John's voice became more known.
"Aspen! Aspen!" He called, but when he tried to help me up, I sprung up and ran out of the Planetarium.

I didn't go far, just to the wall outside. My breaths became more and more frequent as I recovered from my encounter. My hand was on my chest, comforting my heart as it frantically raced. Sherlock and John came stumbling out of the Planetarium, both obviously taken back at what happened.

"What- what the hell was that, Aspen?!" John demanded, making me flinch. He hasn't yelled at me in a while... "I tell you to stay out here and you waltz in."
"I was trying to help," I started, my voice hoarse.
"'Trying to help', yeah." John repeated, them paced for a while before offering me a hand up.
"Come on, let's take you home." John said.
* * *
I woke early the next morning, prepared for whatever waited for me at school. Once again, there was no gunshots, no tea fragrance in the air, and no John and Sherlock. I began to feel at home here, and honestly started feeling better. I pulled on my red shoes and a white shirt that went under my black jacket.

When I came into the kitchen, there was still the microscope Sherlock had, and the usual rubbish on the table.
I walked out into the morning to see another meeting of clouds in the sky. No one was at school, like the usual hour when I arrive. I then went into the cafeteria to read and and await the hour which I was to go to class.
* * *
Later, during lunch, I sat on a wooden bench in front of our school, the ones that people donate. I continued to read when someone sat down next to me.
"Still on the book?" He asked.
"Still trying to be my friend?" I asked. "And how did you know I was at the gallery yesterday?"
"I didn't." He said, taking a bite of an apple he had on his tray. "Don't worry." As if he'd read my thoughts. My hand went to my lower throat, recalling the Golem's attempt at strangling me. I shuddered at the thought, going back to my book.

"Hey Wyatt." I heard a voice from behind us. I shut my eyes at sighed in worry. I haven't spoken to her in a while.
"Hey." he said, not paying attention.
"Hey Arsepen." Dakota said.
"What do you want?" I asked, turning a page.
"Um- Aspen-" Wyatt started, but it was too late.

I felt what I hoped was water on my head, and fall over my eyes into my lap and some on my book. Wyatt sat back so he didn't get wet, but I was taken aback. My expression held my mouth slightly open, as if I were to say something, and a blank look in my eyes. I shut my book as the ends of my hair dropped slightly.

"What was that for?" Wyatt asked as I gathered my stuff and put my book in my bag.
"I didn't want to drink it." Dakota said, the dropped a plastic bottle between us before walking off. I bit my lip, trying to ignore the fact that she had made me look like a fool in front of someone for the first time in what felt like forever.

I didn't know where I was going, but I stood up and walked over to the side of the road away from the school.
"Wait!" Wyatt called, and he ran over with his black button up shirt and red bow tie, which had splashes from the water. "S-sorry about that." he apologised.
"Why? You didn't do anything." I said, try voice breaking. 'No, don't cry now, Aspen.' I thought to myself as I brought out one more pill from my pocket and swallowed it.

He walked with me for a while before some man came up to us.
"Excuse me, but can you help me? My car broke down and I need help." He asked. His voice sounded familiar, but he wore sunglasses with his suit.
"Do I know you?" I asked.
"I'll go get someone from school." Wyatt said, then ran back in the direction of the school.

I started getting sleepy again, but that was just a side effect from the pills I took.
"Um... Ms?" He asked, and I noticed something: he spoke with that Irish accent.
"Yeah, uh bye." I said, then tried to leave, but only fell to the ground on my knees.
"Whoa, I'm let me help you." he said, and took my arm.
"Um... No it's okay, I'm- I'm..." I said, but dozed off at the sight of what I think his car was.

*
Dun dun dun! So who is that man? Any guesses? And I know I updated yesterday but I'm almost at the end, so I decided to update today just cause! So the next chapter should be up maybe tomorrow or Wednesday! Bye and May the 4th be with you!
~jedihobbitwizard