4 | quick confession

"Are you excited?" Jeno asked. Jingfei just turned her head looked at him. She only smiled at him.

"Where are we gonna go?" Jingfei asked.

"A cafe or do you want to go somewhere else?" Jeno asked.

"No it's fine. We can go to cafe," Jingfei said.

They walked to the cafe. They finally made it and they entered the cafe. They sat down.

"I'm still pretty shocked you agreed to go out with me," Jeno said.

"Why?" Jingfei giggled.

"I don't know. I feel like you would say no and hang out with Renjun or something," Jeno awkwardly laughed.

"I'm always hanging out with Renjun. I want to hang out with my other friends as well," Jingfei smiled.

"Yea. When did you two become best friends?" Jeno asked.

"Since we were 4. We knew each other since we were babies. Now we go to high school together and live in the same apartment," Jingfei smiled. She can't imagine not hanging out with Renjun.

"You guys live in the same apartment? How come," Jeno asks.

"Renjun was gonna come to Korea alone but I decided to come with him because I didn't want to see my best friend leave me. So I left with him," Jingfei said.

"Oh. That's sweet of you," Jeno smiled. Jingfei just nodded her head.

"I never want to leave him alone. Which is why I had to tell him that I was gonna be with you or he'd freak out or anything," Jingfei said.

"Do you like him? Like more than just friends. In a romantic way," Jeno suddenly asked. Jingfei just looked at him. She shook her head.

"I like him but not in a romantic way is all," Jingfei giggled. Jeno let out a big sigh of relief. He didn't want ask her out if she has feelings for someone else.

🥀

Jingfei and Jeno continued having different conversations about different things.

Jingfei's phone suddenly started to ring. She looked down to see who it was. It was Renjun.

"Hello," She said.

"Jingfei! Can you please come as soon as you can. I'm just really worried about you," Renjun says. Jeno heard.

"Don't worry Renjun! I'll take care of Jingfei," He said into the phone. Instead of hearing Renjun say anything they heard the same harsh coughs from earlier.

"Renjun? Are you still not feeling well? Do you want me to come over and check on you right now?" Jingfei said with a lot of concern.

"No! I'm fine. Just continue with your d-date. Don't come back late is all," Renjun said. Jingfei didn't believe him at all.

"Alright. Bye Injunie," Jingfei said and she ended the call.

"Sorry Jeno. I don't believe Renjun a single bit that he's ok," Jingfei said. She was grabbing her things.

"It's ok. Just let me know if Renjun is ok," Jeno said.

"I will,"Jingfei smiled at him. Right when she was going to stand up Jeno grabbed her hand.

"Can I ask you a question real quick?" Jeno said still holding onto her hand.

"Yea. What is it?" Jingfei said.

"Well. I mean it's not really question but you know what. I'm just gonna say it. Jingfei. I like you and I have feelings for you. I was wondering if we could get to know each other much more so that I can ask you. Will you go out with me?" Jeno said.

Jingfei didn't know what to say. She clearly didn't like Jeno. She also didn't want to let him down.

"I'm sorry. I just don't see you that way. I don't think I'd be a good girlfriend to you either. I didn't want to let you down but I had to. I'm sorry," Jingfei said. She let's go of Jeno's grip and leave the cafe.

🥀

Jingfei runs up the stairs and runs down the hall. She gets to their apartment door and tries to open the door as quickly as she can.

The door finally opens. She walks inside the apartment and looks around.

She couldn't find Renjun anywhere. The last place she hasn't checked was the bathroom. She grabbed the handle and tries to open it. The door was locked. Renjun had to be in there.

"Renjun! Are you in there?" Jingfei yelled. No response. Right when she was about to knock on the door. The door opens.

"Jingfei? What are you doing here so early? I called you about 10 minutes ago," Renjun asked.

"I was worried about you. I heard you coughing like crazy," Jingfei said.

"I told you I was fine," Renjun smiled at her.

"Are you sure?" Jingfei asked. She put her hand on Renjun's forehead to see if he was hot.

He wasn't. He wasn't hot or anything. He was perfectly fine. She made a confused face.

"I told you. I'm fine," Renjun giggled. Jingfei nodded her head.

Jingfei walked into the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror. She then looked over that caught her attention. A flower petal with blood on it. It was right next to the toilet. She crouched down and looked down at it.

"Why is there a flower petal with blood?" Jingfei asked herself. She didn't think much of it. She got up and left the bathroom.

She walked into Renjun's room to check on him. Just in case. He was sitting on his bed watching moomin.

"You ok?" Jingfei asked.

"I've said this for the billionth time now. I'm fine. Don't worry about me," Renjun smiled at her. Jingfei just sighed and left his room.

Looks like Jingfei is getting one clue about Renjun's disease.

Hope you liked it!

Vote, Comment and Enjoy!