17 | don't cry

"Jingfei. The girl I like. Actually no. The girl I love so much for me to get this is," Renjun said. He hesitated to say her name.

"Just say it," Jingfei said as she continued to look down. Tears where falling face. She was holding on tightly to his hand.

"Jingfei," Renjun finally said. Jingfei didn't get it though. She thought she was just calling her.

"What. Are you gonna say the girl you love?" Jingfei sniffled as she looked up at Renjun.

"Jingfei. The girl I love is you," Renjun said. Jingfei just stared at him. She was shocked.

Renjun on the other hand was scared. He was scared that Jingfei was going to reject him.

"You love me?" Jingfei asked. Her eyes were clearly watery.

"Yes. I guess I've always loved you. My heart would beat fast whenever you were around and would act all cute around me. You're so beautiful that I can't keep my eyes off of you. You being happy is what made me happy. I just kept my love for you hidden. My heart would sink whenever I say you with any other guy. Which is why I guess I started getting this disease," Renjun says.

"I'm so stupid! I'm sorry Renjun! I kept hanging out with other guys," Jingfei started to cry.

"Jingfei. Don't cry," Renjun said as he placed his hand on Jingfei's cheek and wipes away a tear.

"No. I should've confessed to you earlier," Jingfei broke down.

"What do you mean?" Renjun asked.

"I'm so blind! All those times I would mention any other boy, you would cough and that's what got you sick and sicker," Jingfei continued to cry. Renjun just stared at her. She noticed a pattern.

"It's ok now," Jingfei said. He still holding onto Jingfei's cheek.

"No. Renjun. I love you too. I have a crush on you as well. Why do you think I kept on rejecting all the boys who have asked me out," Jingfei said. Renjun just smiled at her.

"You really love me too?" Renjun asked.

"Yes. I just kept hiding my feelings for you. I was also scared of you rejecting me," Jingfei said.

"You truly love me. You aren't just saying it hoping for my disease to go away," Renjun said.

"Renjun. I love you so much," Jingfei cried. She leaned in close to Renjun face. Their faces inches apart.

They both slowly leaned in. What lasted for at least 2 or 3 seconds felt like eternity to them. They let go and look at each other.

Jingfei looks at the heart monitor and sees how it much it was beeping. She giggled and smiled at Renjun. His heart was beating extremely fast.

The door suddenly opens. Jingfei quickly stood up and looked at who came in.

"Renjun! Sweetie! Are you ok?" Renjun's mother bursts through the door.

"Mom! I'm fine," Renjun laughed.

"Are you sure?" As she looked around every part of Renjun's face.

"I just had a small disease but someone cured it," Renjun said as he looked at Jingfei. Jingfei looked at him and blushed. She then looked away due to the bit of embarrassment.

"Small. It seemed big to me," Jingfei mumbled but Renjun heard him.

"I heard you," Renjun said.

"I'll ask the doctor later about what happened to you. I just need to make sure you're ok," Renjun's mother said.

"I'm fine mom," Renjun replied with a smile on his face.

🥀

"Renjun. You will have to stay over night for one more night. Just to make sure everything is completely ok with you," Dr. Kim said. Renjun nodded his head.

Renjun suddenly started to cough a bit.

He was scared he was gonna cough black roses again. Instead he coughed the same white lilies when he first had the disease.

"White lilies?" Jingfei asked.

"They're the first flowers I coughed up when I first got the disease. I'm assuming white lilies because your favorite flowers are white lilies," Renjun explained.

"This is usually a good sign. Don't worry about it. You'll cough the flowers you first got after confessing and then it will disappear after a day," Dr. Kim said.

"Good," Renjun and Jingfei both sighed at the same time.

Dr. Kim just laughed. He left the room. Leaving Renjun with Jingfei and his mother.

"Renjun. Can I ask you a few questions?" Jingfei asked. Renjun nodded his head. "Who were the boys you were jealous of?"

"Jeno, Chenle, Jisung and Chenle," Renjun replied.

"Chenle? Why him?" Jingfei asked.

"I overheard you two talking and you told him you didn't like me at the time and I don't know why I got jealous," Renjun said. Jingfei just stared at him.

"You overheard our conversation?" Jingfei said with a sad tone.

"Yea. We're fine now though right?" Renjun asked. Jingfei nodded her head.

"And why'd you buy those two books?" Jingfei asked.

"What books?" Renjun asked. Jingfei gave him a look. She then grabbed Renjun's bag and pulled out the two books.

"Oh! I was doing research about what the flowers meant and what could've happened to me," Renjun said.

"I was getting suspicious about you," Jingfei said. Renjun just awkwardly laughed.

"Does that mean. I don't have to worry about you two not being best friends anymore," Renjun's mother said.

"Yes, Mom," Renjun laughed. Jingfei looked at Renjun's mother and smiled at her.

"I was always hoping you two would fall in love with each other. I couldn't imagine Renjun with another girl," Renjun's mother told Jingfei.

Jingfei just softly blushed and smiled at her.

This chapter is pretty uwu, I must say.

I hope you liked it!

Vote, Comment and Enjoy!