8 | now or never

"Hello! I'd like to make an appointment for Huang Renjun?" Jingfei says in the phone. Renjun just looks at her and rolls his eyes.

After about 5 minutes Jingfei ended the call.

"When is the appointment?" Renjun asked.

"In an hour. We should start heading over to the hospital now," Jingfei says as she gets up.

"Alright let's go," Renjun said as he got up and followed behind Renjun.

🥀

"Huang Renjun?" A nurse called. Renjun looked up and stood up. Jingfei followed right behind him.

The nurse takes them to a room.

"Renjun. You can't lie and say that you're fine," Jingfei tells him.

"I know! I'll tell them the truth," Renjun says.

"Now tell me the truth as well," Jingfei says as she crosses her arms.

"I'm pretty sure I just have a sore throat but it's getting pretty bad I guess," Renjun lied.

"Alright," Jingfei said. The door suddenly swings open.

The doctor entered the room and sat down.

"Hello! My name is Dr. Kim. So Renjun what brings you here?" Dr. Kim asked. Renjun didn't want to lie to the doctor but he also didn't want Jingfei to know what's happening to him.

"Jingfei. Can you step outside the room?" Renjun asks shyly.

"Why?" She asks.

"Please. I'll tell you after what I said," Renjun says as he looks down at his feet with a sad face. Jingfei noticed his face expression. She nodded her head and left the room.

"Is something that you feel uncomfortable to tell her?" Dr. Kim asks.

"It's just. I don't want her to find out is all," Renjun replies.

"Alright. So why have you came here?" Dr. Kim asked.

"I don't know how or when it exactly started but I've been throwing up and coughing flowers," Renjun said.

"Flowers?" Dr. Kim said.

"Yea. It normally happens when I see this girl get close to any boy," Renjun replies.

"What is your relationship with this girl?" Dr. Kim asked.

"Dr. Kim. I searched it up and it say I have hanahaki disease," Renjun says.

"It's a rare thing. You normally get it when you have a crush on someone but you keep putting your feeling to the side. The reason you got it is because it's time to tell the person you like... that you like them," Dr. Kim said.

"You mean I have to confess to them?" Renjun asked.

"Yes. It's a crush you never really thought of much but deep down inside you really have feelings for them," Dr. Kim said.

"Another thing. The flowers keep changing. It was white lilies at first, then petunias and now orchids," Renjun says.

"Come sit down right here. I'll listen to your breathing," Dr. Kim says. Renjun gets up and sits down in front of Dr. Kim.

He checks his breathing and Dr. Kim widens his eyes.

"Renjun. Your hanahaki is getting pretty bad at this point. You need to confess now," Dr. Kim says.

"Is that the only way I can get rid of it?" Renjun says.

"There is another way . Well here are your options. You confess to the person you have feelings for, you get a surgery to remove the flowe-," Dr. Kim said before he got cut off by Renjun.

"I'll get the surgery!" Renjun says quickly.

"Renjun. Let me finish. You get a surgery to remove the flowers but you can no longer have feelings for the person you like as in the romantic feelings will forever be gone," Dr. Kim said. Renjun made an 'oh' face.

"Is there a last option?" Renjun asks.

"There is but it isn't a pretty one or a good option at all," Dr. Kim says.

"Well what is it?" Renjun asks a bit scared.

"The last option is you don't confess your feeling at all and you don't get the surgery. You can continue to live with the disease but the disease can get extremely bad to the point that the flowers will suffocate you and you'll end up dying," Dr. Kim says.

"Suffocate?" Renjun asks.

"The flowers are growing inside your lungs," Dr. Kim says.

"Oh. Well thank you. I'll make a decision quickly then," Renjun says.

"No problem," Dr. Kim says. Renjun gets up and leaves the room.

"So? What is it?" Jingfei immediately asks as she sees Renjun leave the room.

"Oh! They said I have this type of disease in my throat. They said just to drink a lot of water and take some home medicines," Renjun says.

"Wait! A disease?" Jingfei asks scared.

"It's a baby one. Not a serious one," Renjun laughed.

"I just hope you get better. You really have me worried sick," Jingfei says as she hugs Renjun. Renjun hugs her back. He has a soft smile on his face.

"I don't want you worried about me," Renjun said back. Jingfei let's go from the hug and stares Renjun's face.

"I know you don't but I care about you a lot," Jingfei said. It made Renjun's heart flutter.

What do you guys think?

I hope you liked it!

Vote, Comment and Enjoy!