gerpol not what I expected

Poland p.o.v.
"Poland! Wake up!"

I groaned then lifted my head a bit to see it was E.U.(european union)
"The meetings over... You should get home." He said
That's right. The meeting. Every week the Countries in the European union got together to discuss. ....things.

I must've slept through it.
I wiped my eyes and got up lifting my jacket over my shoulder "uh... see you next week, I hope" I said as I walkedtoward the door.

" oh! And dont forget to......" the rest of it was cut off by me slamming the door shut.
God I hate that prick.

As I walked home, I checked my phone for anything I might've missed

Two unread messages
1 missed phone call from France

I decided to take the missed phone call mainly because the texts were from Germany. Beeep. Beeep. Beeeep. Beeep. "You have reached the voicemail of : Fran-"
I hung up and checked the text message from Germany

'Germany:Hey polen I know we don't talk that much but.... I was wondering if you could go to my party. I even invited the whole EU there won't that be fun?'

I paused. Was he kidding with me? Like I'd want to go to a stupid tea party. And After all he's done to me. This was probably a trap. Like the German Empire did.

I realized I was trembling and sighed. It's fine he's inviting the whole EU.
Its not like he could.......do was Reich did......
I checked the second message.
'Germany: you don't have to come if you don't want to '

Mmm.... seemed reasonable.

I figured I should just go with what I'm wearing now because party or not I was closer to his house than I was to mine. Besides why did it matter?

I kept walking and I realized the sun was going down, even though it was almost covered by dark gray clouds.

Wait.... dark gray clouds.... I sighed again realizing it would rain soon.
Should probably go ahead and get to Germany's house. And that wasn't something I normally thought.

As soon as I got there I noticed there were no cars. Not even the lights were on...
Weird
Then Again, always expected the unexpected and ho ho ho I came prepared. I got wrench out of a bush. Germany always had weapons lieing around. I never knew why

I knocked on the door, and it squeaked as it slightly moved. It's liked those scenes in horror movies where the dumb bitch goes in anyways. But this time, I was that dumb bitch.

I tiptoed in, holding the wrench up as if someone could come out any moment.
I paused in the kitchen and looked up to see a family potrait of Germany, his father, and his grandfather. Of course I reconized both. And I hated both.

I wish I could forget both. Both of them. Both were murders. And yet they both smiled like they had no idea what would happen or what they did.

I wish I could just tear down the picture but I couldn't it probably meant alot to Germany. That dumb bitch.

I stopped trembling and relaized their was crying coming from the hallway. I tiptoed over to see what was going on. A room had lights on and was slightly opened. Germany.

I opened the door slightly enough that there was a creaking noise. Damn this house must've been old. Then I relaized I left the wrench in the kitchen. Fuck. Nothing left to defend myself with but my hands and feet. And I knew how well that worked with Reich.

"Dad?"
Germany's voice was raspy and sounded like he was in the middle of sobbing "dad please don't be disappointed -" he started sobbing "-I'm sorry I should've done better I kno-"

I took a step forward. Why would he think I was his dad?

"Oh,its just you..." Germany was sitting on the floor covering his arms with his knees. He looked like he had been crying for hours. And his glasses were on the floor broken, that made me wonder....
what happened To him?

Now that I thought about it he wasn't at the meeting. So he very well could've been crying for hours....

He usually loved meetings. "Polen?" Germany asked and I blushed realizing he had said something while I was stuck in my head

"What are you doing here, polen?"

I paused, thinking about what I should and shouldn't say "Er... You invited me to your party remember?  Where is everyone anyway?"

Germany looked down obviously ashamed "they... they didn't come...."

I mean, kind of understandable. I almost didn't come . But now that I looked at Germany, I felt bad. How dare they not come just because of his family. If anyone didn't come it should be me .......
or France.....
But that didn't matter

"Listen Germany, the past is in the past. It doesn't matter that they didn't come. I'm here. So while I'm here you're going to have a fun time" I chuckled "so what do you say? Lets party!" I lifted my hand toward him and lifted him up of the floor.

As soon as I lifted him up he hugged me and for a moment I've never felt happier....
"Thank you" he whispered

"F-for what?"

"For coming"