My biggest fear

My biggest fear is to wake up one day and not know who I am anymore. It scares me that the choices I'll make will shape me in ways I cannot imagine. The biggest take from it all will be to forget your face, your smile, everything about you. That when we meet we'll both be strangers passing through the night.  What it is that we had is done on to us as our almighty glorious might. I fight and I fight and I fought whoever blessed me with this wonderful thought will I continue to regret the innocence of a boy firstborn into the world, growing into a man full of a future, feeling out shapes and sizes, encountering beings of mystery. Learning our paths are going to be one not meant for the easy, yet not as hard as we make it out to be. And all along we continue to walk along the path set before us, will we continue to become something that will continue to mold our souls, filling our minds with things that are replacing the parts of should've been with us forever but instead chips tiny pieces of our hearts we were meant to wear on our sleeves for others to embrace and in return we do the same. The feeling that was once such a bright beautiful life, turn dead and cold to the touch. So as I stare at an empty vessel staring into the abyss will I always wonder how things changed causing me to become hollow inside?