Chapter 23: Rescue

Nicko: Mom, Dad. I’m so sorry but I have to go alone. My wife in is danger if you insisted to get me some back up. I can do this. I’ll save my wife.

Mr. Lee: No Nicko! Its too risky.  We’ll put some tracking device on your clothes so that we will track your location.

Nicko: But Dad, I don’t want to risk the safety of my wife. Please don’t follow me.

Trixie: Nicko please save my sister. Whatever happens don’t let Betina hurt my sister.

Nicko: I will never let that happen. She’ll regret if she do so.

Mrs. Lee: The police will follow you in secret 15 minutes after you leave. Don’t worry Betina will never know that they’ll follow you. Trust me Nicko. You can’t do this alone. What if she has guns and men to hurt you both? I will not let that happen. Just be careful son.

Nicko leave the house alone when he received the exact location of his wife. He went to the abandoned building far away from a crowded place. Nicko escorted with the three men carrying a gun.

Betina: Hi Nicko! How are you.(Grinning.)

Nicko is about to attack Betina but the three men stops him.

Nicko: How dare you! Where’s my wife!

Betina: Come on Nicko. Is that the right ethics when someone is greeting you?

Nicko: Damn you Betina! Where is she?!

Timmy: Nicko I’m here. Nicko!

Timmy is in the other room when she heard Nicko’s voice. She shouted so that Nicko will heard her. Nicko is about to run from his wife when Betina stops him.

Nicko: Honey! Honey!

Betina: Not yet Nicko. I didn’t tell you to come near with that bi*ch! Or if you insisted then I have no choice, I’m going to shoot her!

Betina pointed her gun from Timmy.
Nicko: No! No! No Please.!

Nicko can’t do anything but to kneel down in front of Betina. Timmy started to cry when she saw his husband begging for her life.

Nicko: I’m begging you, Don’t hurt my wife.
Hurt me instead. Please Betina. I’m so sorry. I’m going to retrieve your position in my company. Just release my wife. Please Betina. I’m begging you.

Betina’s evil laugh.

Betina: Do you think I’m idiot? Why do I believe you? You’re not gonna do that.

Nicko: I have my word Betina. Please stop this. I’ll never sue you after this. Just let me come near to my wife. And don’t hurt her. I promise I’ll never sue you if you let go of my wife.

Betina: blah blah. (Rolling eyes). Okay. You can come near with that b*tch now.

Nicko run to his wife after and hold her tight.

Nicko: Your lips. Its bleeding. I’m so sorry Honey. I’m so sorry.

Timmy: Don’t say that. Its not your fault. I’m okay.

Betina Cut the crap idiots! Stop that dramas! (Rolling eyes.)

Nicko: Are you not afraid that you’ll get caught by the police?

Betina: I’m ready for that Nicko. You made me do this. I’ll do anything to make you mine.

Nicko: You’re crazy Betina!

Betina: Yes! I’m crazy because of you! Its been too long but you never see me! I tried to become good in your eyes but you always ignores me! Maybe this is the best thing I can do to make you mine. But I think even I did this evil thing you’re not going to be mine. So I’m gonna kill that b*tch! If I can’t have you. Then other woman can’t have you too!

Betina pointed her gun with Timmy and pull the trigger . Nicko cover his wife. Betina shots Nicko in his shoulder.

Betina: Oh my God! Its not you! Its not you!

Timmy: Nicko!? Nicko!

Betina put her gun down and the police came and handcuffs the three men and Betina.

Nicko: I’m okay Honey. Don’t wor---

Nicko collapsed after that.

Timmy: Nicko wake up! Wake up! Help me! Nicko got shot!

Betina: Im sorry Nicko. I didn’t mean it! Its not you!(Shouted.)

The police untied Timmy in the chair and Nicko carry by the rescuers. Timmy slap Betina.

Timmy: You’re damn crazy Betina! If anything happens to Nicko I’ll never forgive you! You’ll gonna pay for this Betina! How could you do such despicable thing!

Betina didn’t answer. She was taken by the police afterwards.

                ----------*----------

Trixie and her parents arrived and hug her.

Trixie: Timmy!

Timmy: Trixie. Mom, Dad.

Mr and Mrs Lee: I’m glad you’re okay.

Timmy started to cry again.

Timmy: My husband. He was shot. I’m so scared. What will happen??

Trixie: Don’t worry he’ll be fine sis. Stop crying its not good for the baby.

Timmy: I can’t. I’m so scared that I thought that its the end of us. That I will not see you anymore. I’m so scared Mom, Dad. I’m so---

Timmy fainted. Mr and Mrs Lee take Timmy and Nicko to the nearest hospital.

To be continued....