From One Room To The Next

Draco's POV

"Is he okay?" I hear Arya ask. "Is he seriously just gonna stand there? Thomas do something."

"Draco, you come in." He says to me.

But I can't move my feet. I can't make myself go in there and see her lying there dead. Knowing she's there because she chose to save me. She died for me.

"I can't do this," I say on the verge of a mental breakdown.

I turn around and start to walk back towards the stairs to the roof.

"Draco?"

Instantly I'm frozen again.

"Draco?"

There it is again. The voice of my angle. My soul.

"Is this the thanks I get for saving your life?"

My whole body whips around and runs through the glass doors and to her bedside. I drop to my knees as the sobs overcome me.

"Hey, you." She says softly.

After about an hour or so of them checking and rechecking her vitals Thomas brings over the chair for me. I lay my head on her bed beside her arm. Never letting go of her hand and the exhaustion I've been feeling overcomes me as I close my eyes and drift into a dreamless sleep.

Hermione's POV

"Okay so what exactly happened to me?" I ask the nurse.

"Do you want the long version or the short?" He asks with a chuckle.

"I guess the long. But first . . . what day is it?"

"It's technically December 26th at, 2:17am," He says looking at his watch.

"SIX DAYS?!?!" I practically yell.

I instantly felt paralyzed with pain. I moved too suddenly. My body hasn't moved in almost a week and here I am trying to jump out of bed.  Ugh, why am I so stupid. But at least I didn't wake Draco. He's still sound asleep with his head by my arm and his hand in mine.

"Can't we just take this stupid tube out?" I ask through my teeth

"I'm sorry we can't Miss Granger," Alice says walking into the room.

She checks my vitals and looks at my charts before turning to Thomas.

"I would like you to stay here tonight and do your charting. Keep watch of her drainage and urine output. Make sure that she stays still and calm and try to have her convince him to go home. Mr. Malfoy needs a break." She says before walking out the door.

I give Thomas a look.

"She's not as bad as she seems I promise." He says laughing. "Now let me check your incision.

And that was when it dawned on me. I was going to have a scar and had no idea how big.

"Can I see it?" I ask in a shy tone.

"Sure. But just keep in mind that there is a lot of swelling and bruising." He says with a warm warning.

He closes the glass doors and pulls the curtain shut, giving us complete privacy while he walks up to the bed opposite of Draco.

"Now I'm gonna pull back the blanket and then I'll have to untie your gown. We have it on you backwards so only the top tie is tied. Now when I do this your chest will be exposed. Then I'm going to remove the bandages. This might hurt a little though. You do have morphine in your system but I can't guarantee that this won't be painful. Then after we look and I reapply the cream I will redress your bandages and we can either get you a new gown or you can keep this one. Does that sound okay?"

Instagram  -  A Dramione Love StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara