Merry Christmas Darling

Draco's POV

     "This is the sixth store, Hermione. If you haven't found anything for Pansy yet you aren't going to."

    "I told you, you didn't have to come today." She replies back distracted.

     "You know that you don't have to get her a gift. You just need the one for the gift swap."

     "We are a going to be guests in her house for a Christmas party. I would like to take something.  Plus I still have to finish shopping for Blaise and Theo."

     "You don't have to get them anything. We can just share the few things I got them."

She looks up at me and flashes that warm, beautiful smile.

     "Isn't that a thing only married couple do?" She asks with a smirk.

I chuckle walking over to her. Wrapping my arms around her I press my lips to her forehead and then get down on one knee.

She scoffs and pushes me over laughing.

     "Draco Malfoy don't you dare." She says turning away.

     "I will marry you one day Hermione Granger. Mark my words. I will put a beautiful ring on that boney finger of yours and promise you the world." I say to her with confidence while getting up from the floor.

     "I DO NOT HAVE BONEY FINGERS!" She hollers back at me laughing.

     "I just promised to marry you and the only thing you care about is me calling your fingers boney."

We laugh and exit the store. Yet another store without the perfect hostess gift. This is going to be a long night.

As we head out into the cold night I reach for her hand as she reaches for mine. We walk together fingers interlocked down the empty streets. Taking in all the beautiful lights. As we approach the crosswalk I notice two men sitting on the corner. I reach into my pocket and pull out a $50, placing it into the open guitar case.

     "Happy holidays lads. Stay warm." I say with a smile.

     "Happy holidays." They say back with appreciation and excitement in their voices.

     "Any requests?" The young man sitting on a bucket asks.

     "Something slow and sweet for the lady," I say back with a wink.

They smile back and start softly playing Merry Christmas Darling by the carpenters. I turn and smile at my breathtaking girl. She reaches her hand out to me and I pull her in close to my chest.  As we dance the light turns red and we are able to cross, but neither of us is ready to end our dance just yet. So I continue holding her close and spinning her around.

As the light change from green to red a second time, we chuckle as I spin her one last time. This time she keeps spinning, slowly making her way across the streets as she looks up to the sky and sticks her tongue out trying to catch a snowflake. I can't help but feel completely blissful at this moment.

     "Come on sweet cheeks let's get home and warm up by the fireplace," I say passing her in the crosswalk.

The next thing I know I'm being shoved forward and falling to the ground as I hear her scream my name.

My head smashes against the pavement and everything goes black as I hear tires squealing away.

Hermione's POV