"To you," Cara interjected.

She's not wrong. I got to see a side of him that I loved. "None of that matters anymore."

"Of course it matters!"

I give Jackson a strange look. "Why would it matter Jackson?"

"He still cares about you."

"So?"

"And you still care about him."

"Your point being?"

"You could ask him to do anything and he would."

"You're crazy."

"He's got a point. He's still wrapped around your finger," Cara chirped.

I shook my head. "You two are insane. He's got a wife and a child. He's moved on."

Cara shakes her finger at me. "Correction. He doesn't have a wife yet."

I roll my eyes. "Basically married."

"You just let him go?" Jackson questioned.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "It was his choice and that's what he wanted. Sometimes you have to let go."

"How does he even know that's his child?" Cara scoffed.

"I don't know. Maybe he got a DNA test done."

"Of course he did. Alexander Bentley isn't going to just believe a few words," Jackson stated.

I crossed my arms and sighed. "That's very true."

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, the charity auction will start in ten minutes. Please head over to the tables and look at any items that may interest you," a man on stage announced to everyone.

"Oooo you wanna go look at rich people things?" Cara smiled.

I laugh. "Sure, but we probably couldn't afford any of it."

Cara shook her head. "You never know. You might splurge on something that catches your eye."

We head over to the tables and as expected everything looked like it cost more than my whole entire life. Everything was either cased inside glass or enclosed in some kind of space. Cara turned out to be right. Something did catch my eye. A Cartier love bangle. Rose gold with diamonds. I looked at the price and I sighed. The price would start off at $14,000. That's crazy money right there.

"You like that bracelet?" Cara asked.

"Don't you?"

She chuckled. "Of course I like it. Who wouldn't?"

"Maybe you can get Jackson to buy it for you," I raised a brow at her.

"Ha! Who does he look like? Alex Bentley rich?"

I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, I'm gonna go use the restroom. Come with?"

Cara nodded. "Yeah sure."

We pushed through the white door and that revealed the very elegant bathroom. As I put a cover on the seat, I heard a woman come in whispering not the phone. I peaked under the door to find a pair of navy stilettos.

"He believed me Lily. Everything went smoothly as planned. Although it did cost me a bit of cash," the woman said.

It was Ainsley's voice. How could I forget such an annoying voice. My phone buzzed and Cara had texted me.

Cara: Are you hearing what I'm hearing?

Me: Yes.

Cara: This lady sounds like she's doing some shady shit

Me: Don't leave until she's gone

Cara: Kk

I didn't want to say it was Ainsley because I wasn't 100% sure. I waiting for her to say something else. There was a long silence like the person on the other end had a lot to say.

"He won't find out. I'll make sure of it. He won't ever leave me now that he thinks we have a son together."

I couldn't believe my ears. Okay now I'm 100% sure. It was Ainsley. What kind of human being would do something like that. She must be bat shit crazy. So Kai isn't Alex's son. But Alex is now planning to marry Ainsley.

"Yeah yeah whatever. I'll talk to you later," Ainsley said and I heard her heels click away.

I heard the sound of the door swing open and close. I stepped out of my stall and walked to the sink and leaned against it. "What??" I whispered to myself. Car stepped out wide eyed.

"What the hell?" She questioned.

I stared at myself in the mirror. "That's my question exactly."