Disaster

Cara came back with our drinks and handed me my beer.

Cara took a sip of her Chardonnay. "What's wrong?"

I took a big gulp of my alcohol before answering. "Nothing, what could be wrong?"

Cara gave me that look, the look that says, tell me what's wrong, I know your lying.

I sighed. "My new boss is here."

Her eyes popped, "What's a super old guy doing at a place like this."

I laughed.

"What?" Cara asked.

"My boss is anything but old, he's actually really hot." I couldn't believe I just said that about my boss.

Cara gasped. "What! Do I believe my ears, thee Anastasia Stratford just called someone hot? You mean someone finally meets up to your standards?"

I gave her a playful slap on her wrist. "Stop, all I'm saying he's quite good looking."

"Well don't leave me hanging, I wanna see him too." She whined.

"Top right corner." I whispered.

Cara turned to look at him. When her head turned towards me she had her mouth hanging open.

For almost an hour, all Cara talked about was how hot my boss was. Then I told her about what he had called me at the restaurant. Then instead of talking about how great and lucky I was she started calling him names and told me she would go over there and kick him where it hurts if I want her to.

I stole quick glances at him anytime I could. I don't know what it was about him, something about him drawled me to keep looking at him. It wasn't just because he was good looking, it was something else. I noticed several empty wine glasses on his table. Did he have a drinking problem?

I didn't realize I was staring at him until his eyes met mine. Uhhhh... why can't I just ignore his stupid perfect face? I quickly adjusted my gaze onto a flower painting above him.

I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't look at him anymore. Me and Cara stayed there for a few more hours. We were getting ready to leave until a young woman dressed in a pencil skirt and blouse came up to me.

"Hello there miss." She greeted.

"Hi." I said.

We stood there looking at each other for at least 2 minutes.

"Well you see miss, that guy over there." She pointed at my boss.

"What about him?" I asked curiously.

"He says you're the one responsible for taking him home." She said.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave her a nervous laugh. "You must be mistaking be for somebody else."

The girl looked at me with confusion on her face. "You're not Anastasia Stratford?"

Crap. Crap. Crap.

I sighed. "No, I am."

She pointed at him again. "Well apparently you're responsible for taking him home." The girl walked away after that.

I turned to Cara. "Look, why don't you go home and rest up."

"What! I can't leave you with him." She gasped.

I gave her a small smile. "I'll be alright, this is my job now."

"Fine." With that, Cara left.

I looked over at my boss, his head was on the table with wine glasses surrounding his head.