Star of the Show

"I'm sorry," Alex mumbled.

"For what?" I ask while walking back up the steps to the party.

"I'm sorry for what I said to you at Marinos, and I apologize for the way I've been treating you lately," Alex said sincerely.

"It's okay," I say forgiving him.

He let out a small chuckle. "You forgive too easily doll."

I shrug. "What's the point of staying mad? It won't solve anything."

He just smiled. His smile seemed to want to make me smile. Maybe it won't be so bad being his wife for a year. Wait was it only for a year? Damn, I should've read the contract more carefully. My name is on a contract I basically don't know anything about. Shit, how could I have been so reckless. "Alex I'm going to have to read our contract again."

"Why?"

"I realize that I barely even read it," I reply.

He sighs. "There's one on my laptop, you can read it when we go back to the hotel.

We arrive back to the hotel room around eight. I watch as my boss goes over to the desk and pulls out the chair, but he doesn't sit. He looks my way.

"Come, sit," he gestures for me to sit down.

Come? Sit? What was I, his dog?

Anyways, I walk over and sit. Oh yes, the contract.

I read it carefully and nothing seems to be outrageous until my eyes read, 'You are not to have any other intimate relationships other than the one with Alex Bentley, but he may choose to have intimacy with whoever he chooses.'

What.

The.

Hell.

The thought of Alex being with someone else and intimately made me want to hurl and punch him at the same time. I can't be with anyone, but he can cheat on me whenever he wants!?

I look up and meet his eyes. "I can't be with anyone, but you can cheat on me anytime you please?"

His lips turn into a grim line. "I'm a man, and I have needs that need to be fulfilled."

Seriously, giving me that speech? What about my needs, did he ever think about that? Not that I had ever experienced things like that, but still! Inconsiderate arrogant douche.

I narrow my eyes at him. "What about me? You don't think I have needs as well?"

His eyes seemed to turn dark and hooded. "If you ever have needs, you come to me."

Okay, was not expecting him to say that...

"That's not fair, if you get other women, why can't I have other guys?" I ask.

"Well obviously you're not going to give me what I need so thus the need for other women, but I on the other hand can fulfill any need you have."

I look at him with wide eyes.

"Look if you don't want to come to me with your needs then just stay abstain from sex because I'm not changing the rules," he states.